Why can't I leave a comment on Michael Gartenberg articles?

I

iMore Question

Can't leave a comment on Michael Gartenberg articles

It appears that the only articles on iMore where you can't leave a comment is Michael Gartenberg's. Is there a reason for this? Occasionally his opinions are far from my views and there is no way to have a conversation about it because the Comments section is inexplicably missing and it appears this only occurs with his articles. What is the reasoning for this?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can't leave a comment on Michael Gartenberg articles

I don't know, but I'll inquire on your behalf.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me

It's something we're experimenting with — an article type that, like Daring Fireball and other opinion-heavy sites, doesn't include comments by default.

I'm not sure if we'll keep it that way, but given the high amount of trolling, it's also not something we want to dismiss out of hand.

Sadly, not everyone on the internet is capable of having a discussion when opinions vary from their own — it becomes personal attacks very quickly — and that's not always the best environment for readers.

I'd value everyone's feedback on this, though. So let me know your thoughts!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Sadly, not everyone on the internet is capable of having a discussion when opinions vary from their own — it becomes personal attacks very quickly — and that's not always the best environment for readers.

'Nuf said...��

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner