The reason I'm asking is it seems they neglect the design factor especially at the point of where the cord meets the end of the Lightning plug portion. I've had a charging cord for my fairly new iPad and it's bending at that point and it seems to be a flaw. I just find it fascinating that Apple and its design team have a hard time with this concept.

I know there are cord savers out there or heck just buy a new cord but who out there is with me on this? Any recommendations or comments?
    04-01-2016 02:55 PM
    Maybe they're trying to make more money off the cords? Idk my phone charge cord has lasted me two years thus far and it has no signs of damage, you just gotta be nice to it, I guess. Don't twist or bend the cord, always keep it straight. Don't pull the cord, always remove the cord from the jack by the base. Don't be rough with it and it'll last longer.
    04-01-2016 04:32 PM
    If you're within your 1 year warranty, they will give you a new 1 m lightning cable. But you must return the damaged cable.
    04-01-2016 04:36 PM
    I've personally always wondered why Apple makes the lightning cables so short.
    ladyc0524 and mumfoau like this.
    04-01-2016 05:15 PM
    I think they have a 2. m cable. Just don't give it with the phones.
    04-01-2016 07:45 PM
    I think they have a 2. m cable. Just don't give it with the phones.
    Aaaah, yes. I'm referring to the ones that come with the iPhone
    04-01-2016 07:46 PM
    Anyone try the nylon braided lightning cables?
    04-01-2016 07:54 PM
    Anyone try the nylon braided lightning cables?
    Yeah, but it was some random uncertified junk, lasted me like a month before it started doing that thing where your phone only charges in certain positions. The extra length and smooth, untangly cord was great though.
    04-04-2016 04:44 AM
    Before I damaged a lot of my charging cords both iPhone's and that of MacBook Pro's until I recently I started taking good care of them. Have had no issues yet though. Sigh
    04-04-2016 05:06 AM
    Yeah, but it was some random uncertified junk, lasted me like a month before it started doing that thing where your phone only charges in certain positions. The extra length and smooth, untangly cord was great though.
    I just ordered 2 braided Mfi certified Kodiak cables. Keeping my fingers crossed. I may need these:
    bzeroh56, ladyc0524 and john_v like this.
    04-04-2016 08:21 AM
    The reason I'm asking is it seems they neglect the design factor especially at the point of where the cord meets the end of the Lightning plug portion. I've had a charging cord for my fairly new iPad and it's bending at that point and it seems to be a flaw. I just find it fascinating that Apple and its design team have a hard time with this concept.

I know there are cord savers out there or heck just buy a new cord but who out there is with me on this? Any recommendations or comments?
    Profit margins are the reason. A more expensive cable will eat into profit margins. It's even worse that Apple charges far more than third parties for inferior quality cables. If you want a quality cable Amazon, Anker, and Monoprice all make lightning cables that are also cheaper than Apple branded ones.

I have a couple of these, they are great.

http://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerLin...mUvbUpU2724332
    04-04-2016 10:35 AM
    I bought 3 Amazon Basics lightening cables. Six feet long. $9 each.
    A little title thicker than the Appke cable but they really are convenient.
    Good Luck
    04-04-2016 09:00 PM
    I bought this one from Amazon. I also have a black one I got off of Groupon and I've had that one going on three years now.

04-04-2016 11:02 PM
    I cannot comment on the durability of braided cables; however I do have a micro usb duracell cable that I used with the galaxy s5 I use to own. It felt reinforced.
    04-05-2016 07:49 AM
    If you're within your 1 year warranty, they will give you a new 1 m lightning cable. But you must return the damaged cable.
    I've taken them into the store to exchange. Note they do have your device's serial number on them, and they do check
    04-05-2016 08:04 AM
    I purchased this last November (wanted a short cord for PowerPack recharging). I've been very happy with it and no signs of distress on the cable at this point.

iPhone 6 Charger, MFI Apple Certified Cambond 1feet / 0.3Meters Element Series 8 pin USB SYNC Charger Cord ( Metal Grey / 1ft ) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P66F2XI...mUvbUpU2724942
    04-05-2016 08:06 AM
    Most any cable will last a long time if you don't use your phone while charging. But I'm too addicted to my phone.
    john_v likes this.
    04-05-2016 12:20 PM
    Whoa...this is boss.

I just ordered 2 braided Mfi certified Kodiak cables. Keeping my fingers crossed. I may need these:
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...a2c5dfd82d.jpg
    04-05-2016 02:44 PM
    Whoa...this is boss.
    Might be worth the $35. I wonder how it feels using the phone while connected to it? Flexibility, weight, etc.
    john_v likes this.
    04-05-2016 03:02 PM
    Meanness....
    04-05-2016 03:40 PM
    Might be worth the $35. I wonder how it feels using the phone while connected to it? Flexibility, weight, etc.
    I heard Apple is getting rid of the Lightning jack and we will charge through 3.5mm headphone
    04-05-2016 06:30 PM
    I heard Apple is getting rid of the Lightning jack and we will charge through 3.5mm headphone
    You know what would be better? Wireless charging.

Of course that makes it harder to use the phone while it's charging...trust me on this, I've had a couple of those kind of devices in the past.
    04-05-2016 09:57 PM
    Fairly heavy, compared to traditional cables. I don't buy a chainsaw not being able to cut into it though, if it were that thick it wouldn't be flexible. Looks like a cable wrapped in door cord, which to be fair, is a tough piece of metal.
    04-06-2016 12:19 AM
    I've mentioned this before in another thread that was exactly this thread. Maybe it wasn't on this forum, but the thread was exactly the same. The quality of Apple's cables. I'm going to give the same response I gave last time. Simply put, Apple's cable is a top notch cable, it is quite superb really. It's only flaw is the protection at the end. I myself have only managed to break one Apple charging cable. I work with small wires every single day, it's my job. So when the single cable I broke, which wasn't even really broke, the outer jacket split, I decided to open it up. I brought home my wire strippers from work, and proceeded to cut off the Lightning port end, it was a tough wire to cut. Then I had to strip back the outer rubber jacket, which was tough, it's a very good rubber jacket(insulator). Inside that the charging cable is then completely enclosed in a tightly wound grounding wire, which again was a pain to remove, and inside of that is the nice and tightly wound wires for the cable itself. It is a quality cable that is well worth the $20, it is higher quality than any other charging cable I've seen that is twice as expensive. Apple just needs to protect the ends better.
    robertk328 likes this.
    04-06-2016 12:25 AM
    I've mentioned this before in another thread that was exactly this thread. Maybe it wasn't on this forum, but the thread was exactly the same. The quality of Apple's cables. I'm going to give the same response I gave last time. Simply put, Apple's cable is a top notch cable, it is quite superb really. It's only flaw is the protection at the end. I myself have only managed to break one Apple charging cable. I work with small wires every single day, it's my job. So when the single cable I broke, which wasn't even really broke, the outer jacket split, I decided to open it up. I brought home my wire strippers from work, and proceeded to cut off the Lightning port end, it was a tough wire to cut. Then I had to strip back the outer rubber jacket, which was tough, it's a very good rubber jacket(insulator). Inside that the charging cable is then completely enclosed in a tightly wound grounding wire, which again was a pain to remove, and inside of that is the nice and tightly wound wires for the cable itself. It is a quality cable that is well worth the $20, it is higher quality than any other charging cable I've seen that is twice as expensive. Apple just needs to protect the ends better.
    I've been pretty lucky with mine, and they all tend to come apart in the same spot. Just have to be mindful of how you pull them from the device.
    04-06-2016 05:45 AM