Why does my name appear as the sender on my husbands texts ?

I

iMore Question

When my husband texts me my name appears as the sender. When he texts someone either his name or phone no. appear as the sender. How can he have his name show on all of his texts

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

Are you sharing an iCloud account?

Also, the information shown as the sender is dependent on what the recipient has in their address book/contacts for that account. For @DevilishBanker I have "That Guy That Bothers Me" as the contact name, but he'll only show up that way on my phone. If he texts his wife, I'm sure it's something similar though it would be different depending on how she has him in her own contacts.

Branta

Retired Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Also, the information shown as the sender is dependent on what the recipient has in their address book/contacts for that account.

Best guess, the recipient phone has either an address book entry with both phone numbers (?Home?) and/or two or more linked contacts in the address book. If the same phone number appears in two or more contacts it seems to be a matter of chance which name is displayed.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If you're sharing an iCloud account, that explains it. You need separate iCloud, iMessage and Facetime ID's. You can share the iTunes ID so you can share the iTunes purchases.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro