In yesterday's presentation, we saw Liam taking apart old iPhones. Immediately, mixed feelings came up. On one hand, it looked really cool - on the other hand I asked myself the following questions:

- Why not make longer lasting Phones?
    - I see cracked iPhone screens all over - is the iPhone really as durable as they want us to believe?
    - What about lightning-cables? Why not make them more durable?
    - What about the new MacBook? (Doesn't look that fixable according to iFixit.)

One thing I like about the iPhone is that fixing a cracked screen is quite simple. You couldn't say that about a Samsung phone. Then again, a samsung screen doesn't crack as easily. Plus, some other companies still build phones with switchable batteries - what about that?

What are your thougths on the the durability of the iphone and it's eco-friendliness in terms of recycling?
    03-22-2016 10:54 AM
    - I see cracked iPhone screens all over - is the iPhone really as durable as they want us to believe?
    I repair laptops for work. One thing I can say is that most people are completely careless when it comes to things like their personal devices. The vast majority of repairs I do are because of some sort of physical or liquid damage. I would even go as far to say that about 67-75% of the repairs I do overall are for cracked screens.
    03-22-2016 11:17 AM
    I completely agree. I've used smartphones for quite a few years now and never managed to break any of them. In the mean time, I've fixed dozens of phones - some of them accidents that 'can happen', others just absurd.
    03-22-2016 12:48 PM
    If they made longer lasting iPhone's people wouldn't buy as many. I thought they were very eco friendly. So i have no opinion of that.
    03-22-2016 12:57 PM