Your wild, outrageous, "know full well it'll never happen" Apple pipe-dream

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
So, you know it'll NEVER happen. You even know WHY it'd never work. You're not actually suggesting Apple do this, but dangit, you'd love to see Big Fruit pull a Jean Luc Picard and "Make it so" anyway! It's a pipe dream, pure and simple, but one you find particular delicious. Maybe you've made reference to it before in other threads and article comments, or maybe it's so outrageous that you've just kept it all to yourself...

....well no longer!!!! Here's your chance to air it out! No pipe dream is too wild! No pipe dream is off limits. No pipe-dream shaming here (and hopefully everyone here will be mature and "un-trolly" enough to keep my promise here), just a chance for all of us to air out our secret hopes and dreams about Apple that we all know would probably be horrible ideas, and never happen!

So, what's your Apple ecosystem pipe-dream?

Cheers!!!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm tired of all the Apple sissy colors of pastels and rainbows with a flat look. Never cared for all that ever since it began in iOS 7. Bring back the iOS 6 look with iOS 9 features. I like textures and shadows. And bring back the font of 4 years ago.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

My wish/want/need/request list:
1. Put a custom weather set on the lock screen.
2. Remove that ugly shaded home screen dock.
3. Change fonts.
4. Change icons.
5. Total animated wallpapers.
6. Smaller top bezel/border.
7. Black face on all color iPhones
8. Remove antenna lines.
9. Move power button.
10. Diamond cut edges like on the 5/5s.

That's it for now, but I'm sure I missed some.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

I'd like a smaller bezel, and I'm sure we will see that in September.
And PLEASE don't bring back felt and textures regardless of what @ledsteplin says. That whole style was SO outdated even before they got rid of it in iOS 7. 😜

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Okay, so I'm sure I'll think of others as well, but here's the one that inspired the creation of the thread:

I'm glad Apple ditched the "one size fits all" approach to the iPhone a few years back, and I'm glad that it appears there will be yet a third size soon. But my wild pipe dream is to see this concept taken to the extreme:

Every size denomination in 0.5" increments starting at the original iPhone's 3.5" screen, and going all the way up to a monster 6.5"! Talk about a size for everyone!!! And if we REALLY wanted to go nuts (this just occurred to me while I was typing), we could even throw in the x.2" and y.7" sizes, though even in wild pipe-dream extremism world, that still seems like it might be a bit much.

Cheers!

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I know at least two reasons why it'd never work: a) the big one is it'd fragment the market too much and the individual models wouldn't be able to sell enough to be profitable. And b) developers would have to test the apps to make sure they will work well on all the various screen sizes, as I would think there'd be at least three or four different resolutions in play across the spread, and if there are any differences in internals between them like there are in the current models, then software development costs go through the roof making sure everything plays nice on all models.

Plus, marketing / product naming would be nuts, consumers might be even more scared off by the change than drawn to it, and then can you imagine how chaotic and cluttered that'd make the sales floor layout at the Apple Store?

So, I know. It'll never happen. And it'd probably be TERRIBLE for the company. And I know that what Apple is already doing is already a tamer, saner version of my idea, and probably already pushed to the furthest extreme that the market will support with the addition of the 5se. I'm just saying it'd be nice is all....oh, and I'd probably go for the 6". :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Your wild, outrageous, "know full well it'll never happen" Apple pipe-dream

And PLEASE don't bring back felt and textures regardless of what @ledsteplin says. That whole style was SO outdated even before they got rid of it in iOS 7.

I'm not saying exactly like iOS 6, but along the same lines. I hate the flat look. It's cold with no character at all. Looks too much like Windows. LOL they could have modernized the 6 look to make everyone happy. I'm not alone with this. Many still like iOS 6 better.
My iPhone 5 shortly before iOS 7 ruined it!
f8441147a45eb5c8bd16919f2da34ff1.jpg

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

I'm not saying exactly like iOS 6, but along the same lines. I hate the flat look. It's cold with no character at all. Looks too much like Windows. LOL they could have modernized the 6 look to make everyone happy. I'm not alone with this. Many still like iOS 6 better.
My iPhone 5 shortly before iOS 7 ruined it!
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160313/f8441147a45eb5c8bd16919f2da34ff1.jpg

I was just giving you a hard time, as usual. Everyone has different tastes and obviously there are people like me who like the minimalist look. I find that it's easier to concentrate on what is on the screen.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

And PLEASE don't bring back felt and textures regardless of what @ledsteplin says. That whole style was SO outdated even before they got rid of it in iOS 7.

He'd bring back black and white TV if he could!

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I'm tired of all the Apple sissy colors of pastels and rainbows with a flat look. Never cared for all that ever since it began in iOS 7. Bring back the iOS 6 look with iOS 9 features. I like textures and shadows. And bring back the font of 4 years ago.

But, but, but.... I like pastels. :(

Got any old screenshots of what it is you miss? I'm new to iPhones, so I've no clue what it use to look like.

Edit: I love the glass button icons showing in the image you posted.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

But, but, but.... I like pastels. :(

Got any old screenshots of what it is you miss? I'm new to iPhones, so I've no clue what it use to look like.

Edit: I love the glass button icons showing in the image you posted.

Scroll back up. My iPhone 5 on iOS 6. The icons are a little different. Easier to see. Many things like the font on the calendar app got harder to see. Also with iOS 7, the whole system got a brighter white that I don't like. Many things became low contrast and difficult to see and read. Text looks washed out.

katesbb

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
A lighted ring around the Home button that pulses whenever there are lock screen notifications waiting, reminding me that I need to press it.

And yes, a Settings option to disable it for those who hate it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2