Waiting for iPhone 7 .... and I never thought I would be

BBerryPowerUser

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I have been through the gamut on phones. I still have a BlackBerry 9900 Bridged to a Playbook on my business line.
I have tried WindowsPhone 8.1 and 10 on my personal line.
I have an Android 4.3 that I use on weekends on my personal line.

And then there is the old reliable iPhone/iPad. What can I say? I always seem to come back to iOS and think... Maybe this phone can do it all for me? Maybe not. I have an old iPhone 4s that truly is in mint condition having only seen about six months total usage over the years. I have an iPad 2. Both of these are updated to the current 9.x iOS. And I'm a music freak, so having Apple Music INTEGRATED into the OS of the phone, to me, is fantastic.

So here I sit with my ATT store nearby and for the first time in many years, I'm excited about a new iPhone. I really want to see how the 7 looks, feels and performs. I think it may be time for me to actually go back "On Contract" and get myself a new iPhone. And I never thought I'd say that. But after reading some of the early predictions, I'm excited. And if worse comes to worse, I can probably swing a better deal on a 6 if the 7 is just not what I thought it would be or it does not work for me.

I have to admit, that my BB10 with Blend works great with my iPad 2. I know that it won't work with Continuity with a 7, or any iPhone for that matter as it is too old of an iPad. But the problem with iOS hardware is that it just LASTS. This is a problem because I keep the phone longer than I probably should. My iPhone 4s is still supported for crying out loud. Who would have thought? Well, actually it does not surprise me. Some things on iOS drive me crazy, but that's to be expected. No one OS can satisfy everybody with every detail. Some things on iOS are wonderful. It's a balancing act. And Apple does a good job of it IMO.

I'm not going to stand outside of an Apple store on debut day to get an iPhone 7, but I will be a serious buyer within a week.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Well I can't see going wrong with the iPhone. I'm hoping for big things with the 7. Keep us updated with which way you go.

BBerryPowerUser

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Thank you. Great forum, as are all of the related Forms. iMore is the only Forum I had not posted in.

Apple Music was the big "Plus" for me that drew me back to iOS. The iPhone platform is simply "elegant" in every thing it does. I sometimes think that Apple was crazy to keep the core of their GUI the same since the original iPhone, but in a way, this was brilliant. It works for most users.

I am going to take a very hard look at iPhone 7, but I can tell you this, unless there is some ridiculous feature that I simply can not live with, I'll be buying an iPhone 7. If not, then the 6. But like you, I'm hoping for big things from the 7. And going from a 4s to a 7? Talk about a Quantum Leap!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and it's nice to hear that your iPhone 4 is still active and in mint condition. Apple iPhones seem to last much longer than others.
Post often and ENJOY the site.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Excellent write-up @BBerryPowerUser, and thank you for sharing. As for waiting on the iPhone 7, I, too, am looking forward to it. I'm also patiently awaiting the initial beta release of iOS 10. Hopefully, both will be well worth the wait.

Ayhamov

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Just gone with a new iPhone 6S Plus 64GBs, dunno if its really worth the upgrade to iPhone 7, I might be considering the S devices from now on. As a jump from BB, you're on track now ;)

BBerryPowerUser

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Nice responses gentlemen, thank you. As well as my BB10 phone interfaces with my iPad 2 via "Blend", I am more than willing to give this up for a total iOS experience. And to me, it's not the Apps. I have enough apps on BB10. It's the way iOS just glides. It's always been the most elegant OS and that trend continues.

But really, the final decision-point for me was Apple Music last year. Music is such a huge part of my life. Truly. I've tried all the MAJOR streaming services. Apple Music is, to me, the finest out there. And the fact that it is built into the OS of an iPhone and not running as an outside App? Incredible. To me, this was the final blow. I have to jump on board with an iPhone. I have no other choice. So the old (but minty) 4s has the SIM back in it, I have put on a battery case so the phone lasts all day and then some, and I carry it with my iPad2 (also in mint condition). The screen of the 4s is a bit small for me, but it will do until the iPhone 7 debuts in September and I either get a new 7 or a new 6. I am running iOS 9.2.1 so I won't be totally lost at all jumping to iOS 10.

The old but like new 4s with NUU Battery Case alongside the also like new iPad 2 in a NEWTRENT iPad Keyboard Case;

IMG_20160315_170517.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20160315_170517.jpg
    IMG_20160315_170517.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR