Sim card switched from iPad to iPhone?

zuqingchen

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Sim card switched from iPad to iPhone.

Hi guys, I need help on this questions which bothered me so long time.

Look, I had at&t grandfathered unlimited data plan on my iPad mini 4, the LTE network which is never throttle. I tried to put this sim card from iPad into my unlock iPhone 6s Plus, and the size was exactly fit.

Then the problems came. My iPhone has a signal as at&t still, and the network show as 4G. But I could never get onto internet it means the network doesn't work at all.

How can I make it work? Should I change any setting in the phone or maybe somethings else? I don't wanna use any voice servers on my iPhone, just want to use it like an iPad, that's all.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Sim card switched from iPad to iPhone.

Unless your wireless carrier have something in place that prevents it, you should be able to get "data" service on the iPhone using the SIM card from your iPad. Heck, call AT&T and ask.

zuqingchen

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site

I did some research on google to find out anyone had the same problem to me. I gonna try to change APN setting through the website unlockit.co.nz tonight.

zuqingchen

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site

Finally, I got my iPhone's LTE network worked with my iPad at&t unlimited data plan sim card. Also my iPhone won't make any voice call, but that was not what I cared about. To use the service just visit unlockit.co.nz from your iPhone and follow the instructions on screen. For iPad sim card you have to choose at&t broadband option, that's it.

Thank you anyway for the help. :)

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

Finally, I got my iPhone's LTE network worked with my iPad at&t unlimited data plan sim card. Also my iPhone won't make any voice call, but that was not what I cared about. To use the service just visit (address removed) from your iPhone and follow the instructions on screen. For iPad sim card you have to choose at&t broadband option, that's it.

Thank you anyway for the help. :)

I was reading an article about the process of doing that from that site are not secure. Granted the article was a bit old, I could find no other articles that state it's been updated so that man-in-the-middle attacks cannot occur.

People should be aware.

zuqingchen

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site

Thank you for the admonishment, this is going to be the same as jailbreak on iPhone, and people should be beared everything what they did with the third party apps.

But just be careful anyway, avoid some important informations to leak out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2