Simultaneous Microphone Access on iPhone?

I

iMore Question

Simultaneous Microphone Access on iPhone

Dear Forum Members,

We were developing a Skype Recorder for Android and got struck in the issue of simultaneous access of microphone by our app and Skype as Android does not allow two apps to access the microphone.

After reading some articles it seems that iPhone allows simultaneous access of microphone by two apps as many apps are available that do recording for Skype.

I want to find out is our assumption is correct that Android does not allow while iPhone does allow simultaneous microphone access?

Please note that on desktop system we were able to record Skype test call as Windows desktop allows shared microphone access.

Thanking you very much.

Uzair Lakhani

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Simultaneous Microphone Access on iPhone

Welcome to iMore! It has not been my experience that multiple apps can access the microphone at the same time. I'm not sure if this is just something Apple does on certain apps by design or if there are exceptions to this rule. Perhaps someone else around here can think of a situation where the microphone is used by multiple apps but I can't think of any.
We also have a subforum dedicated to iOS development that you may find helpful. I encourage you to register with iMore and check it out here:
http://forums.imore.com/ios-os-x-watchos-development/

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Simultaneous Microphone Access on iPhone

I've given 18 downloaded apps access to my mic. Looking at the list in Settings, I can't imagine any 2 using the mic at the same time.

Uzair Lakhani

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Dear All,

Thanks for your reply.

But there are many Skype recorders available for iPhone. How these recorders work? Surely the recording app and Skype would be using the microphone simultaneously.

Thanks,

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods