But would you risk having some third party person replace your battery or anything on your $1000+ device? Is it worth it for 160 mile round trip? If the third party breaks your device you are making that trip anyway and then it might cost you even more since a non-authorized retailer worked on your phone.

Just my .02
    Yeah, that's the point. We need a store here. We're not New York, but the 4 city metro is about 100,000. One small Apple Store wouldn't hurt. LOL
    02-09-2016 03:28 PM
    Yeah, that's the point. We need a store here. We're not New York, but the 4 city metro is about 100,000. One small Apple Store wouldn't hurt. LOL

It's like they over did it in some major cities and then totally left out others.

My fiance's best friend and his wife recently moved to Alabama and had a house built. We went down there to also look at houses with the thought of possibly moving out there. It's bad enough that they don't have a single Portillo's.... but only 2 Apple stores in the entire state may have just helped me change my mind about moving out there.
    02-09-2016 11:35 PM
    Perhaps Apple should look into authorizing repair shops across the country to help their customers when an Apple Store isn't easily reachable to them.
    02-10-2016 08:25 AM
    It's like they over did it in some major cities and then totally left out others.

My fiance's best friend and his wife recently moved to Alabama and had a house built. We went down there to also look at houses with the thought of possibly moving out there. It's bad enough that they don't have a single Portillo's.... but only 2 Apple stores in the entire state may have just helped me change my mind about moving out there.
    Lol! You've got your priorities straight
    Sherry_B likes this.
    02-10-2016 08:26 AM

The 2 stores are in Birmingham and Huntsville.
    02-10-2016 10:00 AM
    The 2 stores are in Birmingham and Huntsville.
    We were looking at McCalla. There was another place where the housing area was called The Bluffs, but I don't recall what area that was (the view was amazing!).
    02-10-2016 11:23 AM
    We were looking at McCalla. There was another place where the housing area was called The Bluffs, but I don't recall what area that was (the view was amazing!).
    That's just outside of Birmingham. Not too far from the Store.
    02-10-2016 08:21 PM
    Seems this has become enough of a concern that several law firms are considering launching class action lawsuit against Apple for it. Here's the article.
    02-11-2016 10:11 PM
    150 miles to the nearest Apple Store for me. In fact, I've never even been to an Apple Store. I do have apple care on my newest iPhone though. Would probably just rely on the overnight shipping option should my iPhone break.
    02-11-2016 10:23 PM
    i have almost every iphone and currently owning iphone 6 plus and macbook air...was thinking to get iphone 6s plus..but this error 53 thing driving me nuts ....cuz if u break iphone screen or touch id goes bad on u
    02-14-2016 05:39 AM
    Seems this has become enough of a concern that several law firms are considering launching class action lawsuit against Apple for it. Here's the article.
    Seems like law firms tend not to let any money making chance to slip out of their hands...

But then again, the chances of this occurring to anyone with "un-officially" repaired devices is a concern to many.

It's good though, as news like this makes manufacturers work hard to ensure they don't get targeted by law firms!
    firedept10 likes this.
    02-15-2016 03:07 AM
    So there's an update for it:
    How to update your iPhone to fix Error 53
    http://forums.imore.com/showthread.php?t=356312
    02-18-2016 03:16 PM
37 12