iTunes issues

Purley194

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I have never used iTunes on my computer until last week. I downloaded it. But I have two problems.

Firstly, I cannot see all my music that I purchased on the app store with my iPad. The only music that shows up are a couple of DVDs of Christmas music that I bought to play at Christmas. If I click on "Top Rated" there is music there from ages ago Acker Bilk - jazz from the UK - and a mish mash of pop, classical and Christmas music. Why it would think these were "top rated" I have no idea.

The second problem is that I wanted to backup my phone to iTunes before I got a new phone. I plugged the phone in to a usb port on the computer. It recognized my iPhone -- but all that backed up was Music, Tones, Photographs and maybe something else. I wanted everything backed up, otherwise I think I will have to re-downloaded every app on my phone and that is a real pain!

The second time I plugged the phone in, I got a message that said something about "Allow communication from port 443."

I wondered if anyone could shed any light on these two problems.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Initiate the iTunes app on your computer.
2. Select the iTunes Store option.
3. Select "Purchased" on the right side of the screen (Note: I'm using a Macbook running OS X El Capitan).
4. Make sure "Music" and "All" is selected on the next screen to view ALL of your purchased music.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner