Yahoo Mail Inbox is gone from Native Mail App after IOS 9.2.1 Update, what could it be?

AMVMommy

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yahoo Mail Inbox in Gone From Native Mail App after IOS 9.2.1 Update

HI! My Yahoo Mail Inbox has disappeared from my idevices. I got a pop-up from Yahoo asking me to enter my password which happens every so often. After that I realized it wasn't the normal request to verify my password every 2 weeks, but a Yahoo request. After I did that my Yahoo Inbox in my IOS Mail app is gone. The Sent, the Spam, the Trash mail is all there. I then noticed that this is happening not just on my iPhone but both iPad Minis as well. I've rebooted, I've deleted and re-addded the accounts and no luck. It just says "No Mail" on my Inbox for my main Yahoo email. I can access the Yahoo mail on the laptop and in the Yahoo app on my idevices so it isn't gone. I've updated to IOS 9.2.1. on 2 of the 3 devices. I got another request to verify the password on one of the iPad Minis for my daughter's Yahoo address which is connected to mine and also on all three devices. I did Cancel for the request and I was able to get my email briefly on that device. However, once I turned it off and back on it is gone. I spoke with Apple at length and they said it was a Yahoo problem. I can't locate an answer on Yahoo Help (which is crap) or a real Yahoo person. Anybody got any ideas? Have I been hacked or just a glitch from Yahoo?

Thanks!!

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Yahoo Mail Inbox in Gone From Native Mail App after IOS 9.2.1 Update

Did you try to change the password on the account? I would change the password and update your alternate email address or mobile phone number so you can recover your password or verify your identity if needed.

tbrand28

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site

My yahoo inboxes on IOS 7 devices also went blank today, no upgrading events triggered the failure. But this failure has occurred after several days of not receiving any new yahoo mail in any Apple Mail app (OX 10..9 as well as iOS devices). The new mail is appearing in the web mail inbox on a browser. I tried one of the third party tech support numbers and they diagnosed my account as having been hacked and for minimum of $150 year long tech support they would fix. I didn't bite but I also don't know how to fix this or contact any free customer support on Yahoo. I have Mail Plus account. I also deleted the account from the ipad and reinstalled without inbox being restored. Other folders are fine, even updated to changes I am making now in the web mail app! I changed password several times. I shut down and rebooted all devices. I suspect a Yahoo server issue, possibly secondarily an incompatibility introduced (possibly on both sides) between Yahoo and Apple devices. I have not tried getting help from Apple, yet.

dsnows

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site

I have the exact same problem with same pattern of symptoms. The weird thing is, it only affects one of two Yahoo email accounts set up on my ipad/iphone. I have also deleted and re-added the account by auto method and manual method. Inbox the only thing that is affected. My email app on iMac works fine. Not sure what else to try.

JacqElman

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
The same exact thing happened to me - I've spent hours trying to solve this and it's extremely frustrating. I deleted the account and re-added it. I wiped my settings on my iPhone, and I also spent over an hour on the phone with Apple support. They said the same thing - it's a Yahoo problem. But the real problem is there is no way to contact Yahoo to resolve the issue. I also came to the same conclusion that it was related to the iOS update. So just wait until Yahoo resolves this? In the meantime, if you download the Yahoo app, you'll get your emails on your devices... just not in the Apple Mail App... so you have to check for incoming mail in more than one place until this gets fixed.

bobsgolf

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site

Have you followed the instructions that yahoo send to you relating to logging into a mobile device by creating a mobile device password that you use once only to activate the account , log in to your account on the web and create the password and log in to your device and it should work

bobsgolf

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site

I would say that their is a possibility that a step has been missed in the items that has been checked or done . I would advise deleting the account fully from the iPod and I phone etc so you have no mail boxes etc like you are saying you still have . I would advise creating a mobile password for each device and then add the account and use the mobile password that you have created . If the password is correct it will load your account on to the phone or I pad , if it is incorrect or you use your normal password it will not load any mailboxes or give you any access to the account . That should fix your issue I had the exact same problem a we while back and that's what it was recommended to do by yahoo and it worked a treat and some of this info is actually on the emails that yahoo sent to the customer when the system recognises you are trying to log in from a mobile device and you are not using a mobile device password . Please note that if you have created a password for a mobile device please delete or do not use it , these passwords are use only once .you will need to create a new one for each device . Hope this helps

mhjmhj

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm having this same issue and haven't found a solution yet. This thread is the most up-to-date complaint on this issue I've found. Yahoo offers a solution of manually entering the SMAP info, but what they say to enter doesn't match the fields on my iPhone in which to enter it! Therefore, I am still unable to get my mail on my iphone app.

Peter Schulze

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
same problem here. In order to "fix" it, I setup mail using IMAP parameters. Now I get mail, but bizarrely the most recent single email is always missing in the ios native mail app.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR