River/silent icon appears at random
    01-26-2016 09:16 AM
    Welcome to iMore! Are you maybe pressing the volume button by mistake? I did that when I first got my 6s Plus. Never realized I was doing it until someone mentioned it. If not, try a hard reset.
    Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
    01-26-2016 10:46 AM
    You may need to do a hard reset on your phone. back up the information if you can because a hard reset will delete all of the data on your phone. Press the buttons sleep/wake and the home button. Hold the buttons for like 15 seconds. After holding both buttons, the slide to power off button appears. just ignore that and continue to hold the buttons for a few more seconds, the screen will then go blank. Continue to hold until the apple logo appears.
    01-29-2016 02:26 PM
    You may need to do a hard reset on your phone. back up the information if you can because a hard reset will delete all of the data on your phone. Press the buttons sleep/wake and the home button. Hold the buttons for like 15 seconds. After holding both buttons, the slide to power off button appears. just ignore that and continue to hold the buttons for a few more seconds, the screen will then go blank. Continue to hold until the apple logo appears.
    No it won't. A restore will. But a hard reset does not delete anything.
    01-29-2016 03:16 PM