Has apple reached its peak?

kazemosman

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm just wondering what your thoughts are now that everyone seems to assume that iPhone sales are starting to slow down. Apple does great business with so many other products but their phone business is what keeps them so valuable. So what's everyone's thoughts on this

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Every year we read about Apple reaching its peak, and every year we read how iPhone sales top the previous year's total. Having said that, as long as Apple continues to make quality products, provide outstanding customer service and adjust to the trends and needs of it customer base, it'll remain relevant for many years to come, in my opinion.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I thought cars had reached their peak in 1969. LOL They've come a long way since then. I feel Iike Apple and the entire Smartphone industry are just getting started!
In the words of The Bachman-Turner Overdrive, You ain't seen nothin' yet!

http://youtu.be/cFRk0FfaQi0

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm just wondering what your thoughts are now that everyone seems to assume that iPhone sales are starting to slow down. Apple does great business with so many other products but their phone business is what keeps them so valuable. So what's everyone's thoughts on this

Gotta ask...

Who are those "everyone" people assuming that sales are slowing down?

Crackberry guys?

Just saying...

But really curious to see if you'll pop back up in this thread you created...

Cheers!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Gotta ask...

Crackberry guys?

Just saying...

Cheers!

Prior to the OP creating this thread, I had just read an article by the Associated Press titled, "Apple's iPhone Success May Be Reaching Its Peak". You can read it via the following link.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie..._IPHONE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't think Apple has peaked. We are pretty late in the product cycle for the 6s and 6s Plus. With the iPhone 7 presumably on the horizon it's normal for production to slow down on the current model. This has happened every year, with every model.

kazemosman

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Gotta ask...

Crackberry guys?

Just saying...

Cheers!

If you check news articles related to stock applications (wallstreet journal and others) they talk about less iPhone production than in previous years. That's whats been causing the stock to drop. I admittedly am a blackberry/crackberry fan but don't want to see iPhone sales plunging I use an iPhone as well. Either way these articles are all of course rumors, however rumors based on professional analysis.

rlnv

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Peak as in number of phone sales, unlikely. Peak as in market share, possible.

I see Microsoft as the big share gainer in the next few years. Tight integration into the desktop OS will do it for the massive audience using Windows 10 on the desktop. If that's true then does the share boost come from Android or iPhone? My WAG says mostly from Android.

Soapm

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Apple will be the first to make a watch that you can voice dictate an entire document into, to include formatting them email or print the document right from your watch. And the document can be viewed on your phone, tablet or computer at any stage of the game...

I agree with Rinv regarding Tight integration, and Apple as good a player as anyone...

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Very good question. Peak maybe... they are pretty much at one of the highest levels possible and hitting their peak would make sense as far as popularity goes. Peak in terms of innovation goes I don't think so at all but population wise yeah I think they have reached as far as their gonna personally

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Interesting question. I still think Apple has something up their sleeve. You can not have an intelligent workforce like theirs and not. Apple's quality will hold them for now, but I do believe they will have to come up with something new soon if they want to continue to grow. The markets are saturated right now with iPhones and sales are slowing some. Innovation and quality is what will keep a company on top. This is why I think Apple will come up with something new to continue it's growth.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Apple stays a few years ahead with the iPhones. I imagine the iPhone 8 and 8s are already in the works. They know what they're doing!

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I do not think Apple reached its peak in a strict sense.
But if the recent sales slowed down, which is quite possible, it may be an indication of the smartphone market reaching its peak, and Apple is the first one to feel it. Any smartphone, regardless of the platform or brands, they work essentially the same way, communication, PIM, Internet, and contents consumption etc. When the industry continues this way, at some point, it will hit the peak albeit perhaps gradually.
When this happens, I assume the market will get into war of hardware features and price.
Someone has to break the mould and change the way the people (we) perceive and use the mobile terminal.
If anyone should even think about it, it must be Apple. Hope they are working on something revolutionary, the way they introduced the iPhone back in 2007. A fantasy :)

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Here's hoping iOS 10 ups the game. I don't expect too much from iPhone 7. It may be a substantial redesign of the phone (it would be cool if it was), but the internals (read - HW) are likely to stay the same as the 6s series, much like all before it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Here's hoping iOS 10 ups the game. I don't expect too much from iPhone 7. It may be a substantial redesign of the phone (it would be cool if it was), but the internals (read - HW) are likely to stay the same as the 6s series, much like all before it.

Look for a major camera improvement on the iPhone 7.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I thought cars had reached their peak in 1969. LOL They've come a long way since then.

Nah. I'll take an old muscle car over any of these newer cars. Dream car; 68, 69, or even 70 Chevelle. OMG, so many songs could go with that from Nugent, to 38 Special, to Little Feat.

I feel Iike Apple and the entire Smartphone industry are just getting started!
In the words of The Bachman-Turner Overdrive, You ain't seen nothin' yet!

Agreed... and love me some BTO!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
4Q2015 revenues were $75.9 billion and they sold 75.46 million iPhones. Is it a slowdown from what we saw last year? A little. Have they peaked? I'd say they haven't. Turbulent economic conditions in China hurt their sales but China won't always be turbulent, and they won't stop buying iPhones.
Either way, Apple needs to keep innovating and branching off into new areas.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh