the iPhone 6s isn't that big upgrade. i know 3D touch but for some people not worse the upgrade. than apple released the watch so people like me spent money on the watch and kept there iPhone 6. some people went crazy sign a new contract when the iPhone 6 came out so one more year waiting. on top of all the is that the iPhone in canada or europe way to expensive is
    01-27-2016 08:29 PM
    It is all about your bloated expectations.

Take any segment of their business and it would stand alone as a fortune 500 company.

Take any segment and apply ANY innovation whatsoever and you again could see enormous growth.

The watch was the best selling wearable in the world, and it has been out what? Less than 10 months? If any other company had this kind of success with such a new product we would all be screaming to the mountaintops how incredible that growth was.

I just do not see your point at all. Sure Iphone is saturated, however the customer retention rate is through the roof, that alone will drive incredible amounts of revenue for years and years to come, also, providing a baseline to millions and millions of customers to expand on new ideas and devices (see apple watch as an example).

So spell doom to them all you want. All your doing is misinterpreting expectations.
    01-28-2016 09:24 AM
    Don't we do this almost every year with Apple?
    #AppleIsDoomed
    Evilguppy likes this.
    01-28-2016 12:39 PM
    People who say they ask has Apple peaked? or say Apple is doomed to me seemed to be ignorant of reality. If you're going to look at the sales of iPhone and equate that to Apple then it makes no sense. While the iPhone might be the main bread winner for Apple right now. It hasn't always existed number one and number two there are other devices coming after it. There are only a certain number of people in the world and at some point the majority of phone buying population will own the phone they want. So sales will plateau and slow as new customers and upgrades are not so plentiful. Why everyone is so surprised by this I don't understand. Before the iPhone, Macs were the bread winner for Apple and it might not have been the powerhouse it is today but it certainly wasn't cicling the drain. The iPhone took over and the computers have slowed but still continue to sell. Just like in the future when the world moves on to the next thing after smartphones. I'm sure Apple will be in the space and that will take over while iPhone sales hum along. Have they peaked, no, are they doomed, not even close. The iPhone 7 hasn't even been announced yet and though the sales might not be gangbusters I bet it will outsell many of it's competiton. There's the Apple Watch, iPad Pro and Apple Pencil as new entrants into the space as well.
    As for the stocks well I've never followed. Wall Street are a bunch of jokers who say what it takes to service their clients. Now is the best time to buy the stock. At $93 it's a great buy compared to $100-130 of past levels. Perhaps it will even fall further so just watch it and if it drops lower then buy shares and hold on. When a stock's price falls because of irrational fears it's always a way to make a profit. The first time I bought shares they were at $35 a share before the split. It wasn't until more than a decade later that I had made more than 10x my investment. This is why buy and hold is always a great motto to go by investing in the market.
    What I worry about is the people who are trying to change the winning formula. The people who have no ideas of what is going on inside the executive offices. But they call for changing the executives for the sake of diversity. If an exec steps down or passes away and the best person to fill the roll is someone of a more diverse background I'm all for it. But saying hey lets get rid of this person, this person and then get new more diverse faces just to please the world. I also laugh when I hear that because when things don't change the naysayers cry they are doomed what do you think will happen when changes are made in the high ranks? They have women execs so it's not as if they are adverse to it. I think society is so instant gratification right now when people get an idea they want to see the change "right away".
    01-28-2016 03:04 PM
    Don't we do this almost every year with Apple?
    #AppleIsDoomed

Having just moved from Android... the exact same thing happens with them, too.
    01-28-2016 05:29 PM
    As much as they have since 2007. It's ridiculous to keep saying this.
    01-28-2016 06:21 PM
    Having just moved from Android... the exact same thing happens with them, too.
    Android is harder to debate that argument because they have so many phones using their os. Samsung obviously being the front runner
    01-28-2016 06:25 PM
    Android is harder to debate that argument because they have so many phones using their os. Samsung obviously being the front runner
    While I do agree with you, there's two points here. It's not just the physical way the phone looks. It's also what new innovation is being done with the OS. I tend to combine both when thinking about the topic. Not everyone will look at it the same way that I do, which is ok.
    01-28-2016 06:29 PM
    While I do agree with you, there's two points here. It's not just the psychical way the phone looks. It's also what new innovation is being done with the OS. I tend to combine both when thinking about the topic. Not everyone will look at it the same way that I do, which is ok.
    Yeah true. But like android having so many phones each phone uses android differently. All iphones use ios the same way.....
    01-28-2016 06:31 PM
    Yeah true. But like android having so many phones each phone uses android differently.
    Not really. The only major differences are what UI a name brand overlays on the OS. Samsung with TouchWhiz and HTC with Sense just to name a few (and both slow the phone down tremendously from my personal experience). A phone carrier will disable certain features in the settings that they don't want their customers having access to. Other than that it's all the same OS (depending on the version).
    01-28-2016 06:40 PM
    Not really. The only major differences are what UI a name brand overlays on the OS. Samsung with TouchWhiz and HTC with Sense just to name a few (and both slow the phone down tremendously from my personal experience). A phone carrier will disable certain features in the settings that they don't want their customers having access to. Other than that it's all the same OS (depending on the version).
    I have an s6 and my wife has a Nexus.... they are two totally different experiences
    01-28-2016 06:41 PM
    I have an s6 and my wife has a Nexus.... they are two totally different experiences

We've had the Galaxy Nexus and the S4. Granted, both purchased directly from Google so they're pure Android. However, having spent a few years as a Guide on one of the larger Android forums, I had to offer assistance in many of the different phone sections. The experience between phones may feel different but the OS is the same.
    01-28-2016 06:47 PM
    Please cut the personal attacks thanks....
    01-30-2016 03:02 AM
    A slow down in growth is understandable at this point. In the past year and a half Apple has introduced 4 new phones, all of which had great sales. Those sales included many with the 4, 4s,and 5 who had been waiting for a larger screen. Sales were huge and now the lull comes. Is it doom? No, just slow growth. But growth is still there and will improve. Even so, Apple's sales are ahead of Android. And don't forget in 2015 Apple pulled in $6 billion in revenue from App Store sales. Gosh, darn it, I wish I could fail like Apple!
    01-30-2016 04:35 AM
    So after their most recent earning call it seems that apple missed expectations and have been downgraded to reach an aim of 130$ i stead of 150$. I still think that number is great but what is interesting is analysts seem bullish on Google beating Apple to become the most valuable company in the world. Apple recently refreshed their apple tv lines , new iPad category, and the app,e watch has been around for some time. It seems that with all that the only sector really growing is Mac and they are still very dependent on iPhone sales. With these new sets of data i really think apple needs to come up with a new strategy to push some real excellent products they have, but more importantly they really need to work on their iPad pro to make it a true pro device. I read the other day on one of the mobile nations sites that Microsoft beat Apple by a considerable amount in tablet sales. Apple invented the tablet market and should be on top.
    01-31-2016 10:48 PM
    02-13-2016 05:36 AM
    I see Microsoft as the big share gainer in the next few years.
    02-14-2016 05:42 AM
67 123