I'd say we have great member engagement but we also have very active mods and ambassadors, myself included. Interesting feedback though; I'll have to check out some the other Mobile Nations forums and compare.
    I was questioning this myself. Maybe we find find out the answers too
    01-26-2016 11:04 PM
    If you check news articles related to stock applications (wallstreet journal and others) they talk about less iPhone production than in previous years. That's whats been causing the stock to drop. I admittedly am a blackberry/crackberry fan but don't want to see iPhone sales plunging I use an iPhone as well. Either way these articles are all of course rumors, however rumors based on professional analysis.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    Has Apple peaked? Possibly. I will still buy the next iPhone because it's the best tight integration of native OS/hardware for me. I'm not concerned at this time.

It's not as if Apple has had to pimp itself by using a competitor's OS on their device as a Hail Mary attempt to keep itself afloat for one more quarter, while its desperately attempts to sell its software and services to eke out one more quarter of irrelevant existence.
    01-27-2016 01:31 AM
    Has Apple peaked? Possibly. I will still buy the next iPhone because it's the best tight integration of native OS/hardware for me. I'm not concerned at this time.

It's not as if Apple has had to pimp itself by using a competitor's OS on their device as a Hail Mary attempt to keep itself afloat for one more quarter, while its desperately attempts to sell its software and services to eke out one more quarter of irrelevant existence.
    I remember a time when Apple was considered irrelevant and the majority of the world didn't think it would last. Luckily they invented the iPhone, which saved the company and paved the way for what Apple is today. You never know what BlackBerry will come up with.
    01-27-2016 06:24 AM
    Based on its thread challenging time and competition on the market but i believe talented people was present in the organization.

What do you think?
    01-27-2016 06:34 AM
    I remember a time when Apple was considered irrelevant and the majority of the world didn't think it would last. Luckily they invented the iPhone, which saved the company and paved the way for what Apple is today. You never know what BlackBerry will come up with.
    Sure. Let s revisit when Apple is clearly on the decline, bleeding cash, and putting other platforms on its phone. However, my impression of the company these many years is that they reinvent themselves and come back stronger.
    Comparing histories and reactions to challenges from competitors, my impression is that Apple will react rather than dismiss challenges. Let's revisit when Apple uses another competitor OS on its phones as a result of having failed to react and dismiss challengers.
    Which is what RIM/BlackBerry came up with when, in absolute arrogance, it dismissed Apple.
    Shall we meet in one year, here?
    annek likes this.
    01-27-2016 06:35 AM
    Sure. Let s revisit when Apple is clearly on the decline, bleeding cash, and putting other platforms on its phone. However, my impression of the company these many years is that they reinvent themselves and come back stronger.
    Comparing histories and reactions to challenges from competitors, my impression is that Apple will react rather than dismiss challenges. Let's revisit when Apple uses another competitor OS on its phones as a result of having failed to react and dismiss challengers.
    Which is what RIM/BlackBerry came up with when, in absolute arrogance, it dismissed Apple.
    Shall we meet in one year, here?
    If you read my previous posts in this thread I'm not saying that Apple has peaked. That being said, the majority of the financial analysts out there think there's a gigantic brick wall that they are going to have to scale very soon. If there's a company that can do it it's Apple.
    My only argument is that I wouldn't necessarily write RIM off quite yet. Their backs are against the wall; they will either reinvent themselves and be great again or fade away.
    01-27-2016 06:44 AM
    If you read my previous posts in this thread I'm not saying that Apple has peaked. That being said, the majority of the financial analysts out there think there's a gigantic brick wall that they are going to have to scale very soon. If there's a company that can do it it's Apple.
    My only argument is that I wouldn't necessarily write RIM off quite yet. Their backs are against the wall; they will either reinvent themselves and be great again or fade away.
    I have, in the past, expressed caution against expecting Apple to continue massive growth. Its segment of the market share has matured.

However, I find it amusing to read a post about Apple peaking in the same thread where BlackBerry is mentioned. The incongruity is astonishing.
    01-27-2016 06:50 AM
    Reading all the articles out there about alleged iPhone production slowdown, my non-insider, non-market-person guess is that it has nothing to do with Apple peaking but more to do with market saturation. With the advent of payment plans and data becoming more affordable, most people finally have a smartphone (whether iPhone or Android). Very rarely will you see a flip phone any more, although there are a few exceptions. So the need to produce a higher number is waning. They'll still crank 'em out, but my guess is that the market supply and demand is finally correcting itself and leveling off.

Don't worry, the only place where Apple is failing and closing up shop is in the small minds of people who want it to.
    01-27-2016 08:30 AM
    I have, in the past, expressed caution against expecting Apple to continue massive growth. Its segment of the market share has matured.
    Ha, posted before reading your reply. Just basically said the same thing.
    01-27-2016 08:30 AM
    Off topic, but honest question, how come some many people posting on iMore are mods or ambassadors? I'm asking because coming from CrackBerry I see a much higher engagement there by members. Here not so much.
    As I've stated on numerous occasions, the mods and ambassadors here at iMore are "active participants" in the forums and we do not have a problem engaging in a conversation. It's been like that since I've been a part of iMore.
    HAWK and Sherry_B like this.
    01-27-2016 08:52 AM
    They'll be fine for a long time.

They already have a lot of loyal customers and followers and they continue to make excellent products.

Maybe innovation has stifled a bit, but honestly, I can say the same for the tech industry as a whole. Nothing really exciting is coming out, minus VR and I.O.T.
    01-27-2016 08:55 AM
    Its actually irelevant...they will reach a limit at some point as the number of humans with money and timing to get an apple device is finite. No one knows what that number is for sure as new markets, people switching platforms is up and down. Focussing purely on growth and share price is dangerous without looking at other factors such as quality, innovation and leadership....sadly innovation and leadership died with Steve Jobs....accountants now run the company and in my experience that is the worst thing for a company to do.
    01-27-2016 09:04 AM
    Maybe there's more waiting for that new and improved 5s or...er..6c..or..er...5se than we thought!
    dejanh likes this.
    01-27-2016 09:11 AM
    I don't think Apple has reached it's peak yet. I just don't think for most, the 6s/6s+ was much of an upgrade from 6/6+. I was contemplating upgrading myself before taking the plunge.

Also Apple still is a little behind in features that it can provide its customer base including; mark as unread for text messages, higher res screen, 16:9 camera output, working file system, universal app sharing to any app, and access to mic from 3rd party keyboards. I could go on and on but I think I made the point that Apple has not reached it's peak yet.
    Sherry_B likes this.
    01-27-2016 09:27 AM
    I think too many overlook the fact that they are comparing against a quarter that showed unbelievable growth due to initial 6 supply constraints and the first large screen iPhone. I would expect iPhone sales willing erase again year over year after next quarter for a while longer.

BTW, Apple was very successful for many years with the iPod / iTunes before the phone came along. It wasn't the iPhone that saved Apple, it we the iMac.
    01-27-2016 09:42 AM
    Nah, I think Apple is ok. I would say iPad sales are going to continue to fall. Everyone and their dog has a tablet now.
    And there is no compelling reason to want the new one each year.
    A Lot of people bought the 6S and Plus because they wanted a bigger screen. They didn't really care the phone was kind of ugly.
    ( I know, blasphemy right? )
    I personally think the iPhone design, looks, and feel of the 5S were superior to the 6 series.

Some just decided to wait for the 7 since the design will be different, and maybe better.
    Most people also went to carrier financing and are waiting the full 24 - 30 months before upgrading.
    Now that some carriers don't subsidize, people learned the true price of the phone and it's not $199 anymore.

I think Apple will be fine. The world economy sucks right now. Things are tough all over.
    The Only reason I went to the S series was because I had the 6 and wanted the + size instead.
    01-27-2016 11:16 AM
    I don't think Apple has peaked. We are pretty late in the product cycle for the 6s and 6s Plus. With the iPhone 7 presumably on the horizon it's normal for production to slow down on the current model. This has happened every year, with every model.
    IPhone 7 should be September. That isn't on the horizon.
    HAWK likes this.
    01-27-2016 11:49 AM
    Unfortunately, Apple is a one trick pony. Its dependent on the iPhone for profits. And, iPhone sales trend (even accounting for seasonality) has stopped rising. They are rapidly running out of new markets to tap.

iPad sales are dropping like a rock. Apple Watch sales aren't significant enough to break out into their own category.

Only the Mac line is showing steady year over year growth. But Macs are no longer a significant revenue contributor for Apple.

With Apple's P/E ratio its certainly a very good value stock, but its no longer a growth company.
    elmit22 and A895 like this.
    01-27-2016 12:55 PM
    As I've stated on numerous occasions, the mods and ambassadors here at iMore are "active participants" in the forums and we do not have a problem engaging in a conversation. It's been like that since I've been a part of iMore.
    Agreed!
    01-27-2016 01:39 PM
    My goals as an Apple product's user, is that Apple can continu to create those products for as long as it can.

if Apple sell Only 50 millions phone per quarter at that price and this profits margin, I know that Apple can "Survive" and the future is safe. I am happy as a user, and as an Investor.

if I look at the profit of the top 5 phone/tablet manufacturer and the top five computer maker, I feel they are not in the same business. It is crazy. The future is safe for now for Apple compare to All others manufacturers.

Maybe you mean has the market reach it's peak.

In computer and portable device, I feel that it has reach a small technological plateau, and so people don't need to upgrade as often as before. Alors US dollars strength has it's impact in many country.

But Apple still do great in the computer shrinking market.
    Ok, Apple sold less computer than before, but compare to other, it's market share has grown.

The plateau does not hit the lower margin profit segment and this will result in Apple losing %, because it is not Apple target, but what a company need to survive is Profitable Market, and That is where Apple is.
    01-27-2016 03:00 PM
    When I started this thread I said apple may have peaked. I meant basically the company is not growing anymore. They're dependent on one device that is pretty much saturated. I don't however mean that the company is going down it's the most valuable company in the world with way too much cash for that to happen. It's just that I can't help feel that since Steve Jobs passed away the company has been lacking in innovative new products which in the long run. Even their newest product the iPad Pro is so lacking when compared to the surface pro 4. So just my opinion but I really think apple will not be the most valuable company within the next year or so and I do think it has peaked from a growing and innovating perspective

01-27-2016 03:17 PM
    Btw its great hearing so many responses.

01-27-2016 03:17 PM
    I really don't think that Windows phone will take any significant share from Apple in the phone vertical. I agree that it is likely to come from the multitude Android devices thinning that heard.
    01-27-2016 03:25 PM
    Not just Apple, all smartphones have reached a peak. There's nothing new yet to respark interest. If you leave out quality, most smartphones are clones of each other. Same features just different designs. Whoopie.
    HAWK likes this.
    01-27-2016 04:59 PM
    I understand where you are coming from.... has Apple reached its peak in terms of disruptive product development? Their were smartphones before the iPhone, yet, the iPhone was the disruptor in the category. The iPad was truly an innovative product... as was the iPod before it. The Apple Watch... well, not so much. Based on conversations I've had with colleagues and friends, their was a huge disappointment factor when it came to the pricing of the Apple Watch... for most people, its simply too expensive. I don't know a lot of people who will lay down $1,200 - $1,400 for a stainless steel smartwatch that will be outdated within a year or so. Its just way too much money. How many times are you supposed to lay out that kind of money to keep up with the latest version.

In terms of the iPhone, I believe their are a number of factors coming into play. The US economy for one. No matter how you acquire the iPhone, either on a payment plan, T-Mobile's JUMP...or however, the fact is that with software updates the phone should be good for a couple of years minimum. Yes, their will be new features on the iPhone 7, but for most individuals, they could care less. And with the mid-stream "s" versions, it is frustrating as a consumer knowing that within 6 - 8 months your $800 iPhone will be outdated again. All I know is that I see way more people walking around with iPhone 5's than the iPhone 6. Then their is the global economy which is going into the toilet more every day. And since Apple's major revenue stream is coming from outside the US, this has to be disconcerting. Tim Cook stated that fact today on the earnings call... they are very worried without question.

So for me, the bottom line is not that Apple has peaked as a company... but how do they keep developing disruptive technology and software that the average consumer can use in their everyday life. Is just changing the design of the iPhone enough or do they have to completely re-develop iOS and OSX? I think its the later... no one really cares about the hardware at this point... a slab is a slab. Its the software and applications that really bring that slab to life that makes the difference. I would like to see Apple develop some really life changing applications that not only work, but can enhance our lives beyond what we now have. A lofty goal to be sure... but if anyone can do it so can Apple. I remember my first home computer... the Apple 2C. What a machine and life changer that was. But it wasn't so much the machine as it was the software that allowed me to keep my financial and personal records in one place and far more accurately than had been possible before. Just my opinion!
    01-27-2016 08:08 PM
67 123