4 email accounts with 4 separate icons?

keepthetorch

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
4 email accounts with 4 separate icons

I have a Blackberry Torch OS7 device. Have 4 email accounts - 3 POP and 1 Yahoo. BB gives the ability to have 1 icon per account on my home screen. The unified "Messages" is available but can turn that off to not show. Can the iPhone email settings provide this setup or do you have to open a single email app and pick an account to open? I really like to see at a glance notifications per account. Thanks in advance.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: 4 email accounts with 4 separate icons

Welcome to iMore! I have 7 email accounts Plus 2 of my Wife's email accounts on my iPhone. I use the stock email app. I can put it on the "All Inboxes" and see all my mail in one inbox, or do them individually. I also use the "VIP" feature for my most important mail such as family, friends, some biz, and other stuff. The notifications for VIP are different. But only one app icon on the screen. Hope that helps.

keepthetorch

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site

Thanks Ledsteplin,
I am not sure what you mean by "or do them individually." Your last statement "But only one app icon on the screen" is that all that will show up on the screen? I am trying not to have to click a single email icon to look and see which account email is received to. Each of the 4 icons now (on my BB) have the respective email address listed under them. Sorry for being a little dense here.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

No. You cannot get multiple mail icons on the screen. The closest you will get is to use the individual mailboxes within the Mail app.

keepthetorch

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site

I am just trying to figure out which platform to go to since BIS will be discontinued on most carriers and I will just have to make a jump. Thanks.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Thanks Ledsteplin,
I am not sure what you mean by "or do them individually." Your last statement "But only one app icon on the screen" is that all that will show up on the screen? I am trying not to have to click a single email icon to look and see which account email is received to. Each of the 4 icons now (on my BB) have the respective email address listed under them. Sorry for being a little dense here.

The individual email accounts. In the Mail app, I can choose 1 email account's inbox to look at or I can choose to look at them all at the same time. The same as what you do with a handful of icons on the screen, except it's all neat and tidy in the Mail app.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods