Anyone else have OCD about their Apple devices.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So, I've unplugged the cord from the back of the device like 10 times now and am worried somehow the connection has loosened or something from wear of doing that. Is that even possible?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
LOL, to be honest I'm OCD about more than just my Apple products. My can goods in my food pantry have to be aligned and covered down for starters. LOL

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Take your AppleTV into an Apple Store and have a genius look at it. They'll most likely swap it out anyway. We can't help you get over this.

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
It's things like that. And it's ruining my life. If there was something wrong with my electronics, it would be noticeable right? Does anyone else have similar issues?

I'm sure a lot people on the internet "have similar issues."

www dot amazon dot com/How-Stop-Worrying-Start-Living/dp/0671733354

Here's the thing, in the end, you're going to die no matter what. And I gather that eventually the universe will collapse in on itself and everything will be destroyed. So, in the long run, nothing matters.

In the short run, a little more (but not much) matters. Things definitely don't matter. Relationships do.

Don't worry. Be happy. www dot youtube dot com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So these things are pretty durable, right? I'm asking because I was dusting today again and moved the Apple TV, but it tapped against my entertainment center. Again, it's probably not enough to do anything, was just curious.

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
i do something like this on 6 plus. Unlock the phone, swipe left and right on homescreen, swipe status bar for today and notification, clear notification, swipe up to check control center everything the same, home button twice to clear all apps except phone app. power off and on. double tap home again. lock phone.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
So these things are pretty durable, right? I'm asking because I was dusting today again and moved the Apple TV, but it tapped against my entertainment center. Again, it's probably not enough to do anything, was just curious.

Yes, I think its reasonable to assume that the Apple TV should be durable enough to withstand a small tap and horizontal movement.

Why the frequent need to dust? From reading the discussion here, it seems that dusting is causing more angst than it is solving.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't sweat it. It's your OCD playing tricks on you. I have very mild OCD on certain things and I have learned that mostly when I feel these urges, it's the OCD itself, not the thing i'm OCD about.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I think its reasonable to assume that the Apple TV should be durable enough to withstand a small tap and horizontal movement.

Why the frequent need to dust? From reading the discussion here, it seems that dusting is causing more angst than it is solving.

My room gets rather dusty.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Y E S!! I cringe when my wife or daughter let our grand-daughters play with their iPhones. My wife's niece also has an iPhone lets her son play with her iPhone. My youngest grand-daughter and my wife's great nephew are the same age, 18 months. I have keep my old iPads and my wife was given an iPad by the company she works for for an anniversary gift.

My wife share my old iPad Air with our oldest grand-daughter. The next 2 oldest grand-daughters use my wife's gift iPad 4 and my old iPad 2. I made a deal with them when I assigned them the use other iPads that they were their's to use and take care of. The iPads can be only used at our house. I figured this would teach them responsibility. I they broke the iPad due to carelessness then that was it no more iPad.

As for my iPad air 2 and my iPhone 6S I am anal about how I take care of them. The iPhone never goes into my pocket. It has a nice protective case on it. I keep in a belt holster when I go out. My iPad has a nice protective case on it. I look at it this way I paid a lot of hard earned money for these "toys" and I'm going to take care of them. Plus if I ever want to upgrade and sell my old device I feel I will get a better deal if it is in "like new, out of the box" condition.

It's just the way I am and my cell phone use goes back 26 year years to my Motorola Bag Phone. So yes I have OCD about my electronic toys.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro