Don't worry so much about it. When it comes to shock damage, these devices and their packaging are designed and tested to withstand UPS drivers throwing them around in the truck. So that's a non-issue, if it doesn't rattle and works when you get it, you're fine.
    And when it comes to usage and/or shock, again, if it's working fine and you see no problems, it's fine. These are solid state electronics, no moving parts (besides a spinning HD in an older computer) in iPhones and Apple TVs, so if it's working fine, it's fine. I get all OCD about my motorcycle and how sitting all winter, even if winterized, is going to affect it, or how a bad gear shift might have just sheared off a few molecules of gear teeth, etc... Mechanical moving parts type things are much more of the types of devices that will "hide" damage until it shows itself at a later time. For instance, buy a brand new motorcycle or car and don't follow the break in rules, rev the engine to the redline in each gear, run it hard when cold, etc... and you can expect the engine/transmission to turn to crap tens of thousands of miles sooner. This is not the case with solid state electronics. If they work, they work (mostly). Obviously you should take care of your stuff within reason, don't drop it, don't get it wet, avoid static shock, etc. But in general, don't worry about it if you are reasonable and it's working fine.
    My main worry now is the power cord thing. I'm worried there's wear and tear on it now and the connection is loose. Although the device powers on and I dont notice any issues with the picture.
    01-08-2016 05:34 PM
    I wouldn't sweat it. It's your OCD playing tricks on you. I have very mild OCD on certain things and I have learned that mostly when I feel these urges, it's the OCD itself, not the thing i'm OCD about.
    It's just, I think I've unplugged it about 15 times now. I'm worried that theres wear and tear on the port and cord now. I notice some white marks on the cord part that plugs in. And I'm worried I ruined the Apple TV. Even though it still powers on and there's a image.
    01-08-2016 11:07 PM
    It's just, I think I've unplugged it about 15 times now. I'm worried that theres wear and tear on the port and cord now. I notice some white marks on the cord part that plugs in. And I'm worried I ruined the Apple TV. Even though it still powers on and there's a image.
    If a device can't cope with being plugged and unplugged fifteen times, there's something wrong with it.

Don't worry (easier said than done, sure)
    01-09-2016 04:03 AM
    If a device can't cope with being plugged and unplugged fifteen times, there's something wrong with it.

Don't worry (easier said than done, sure)
    Even if unplugging it from the back of the device? And taking the whole cord out?
    01-09-2016 09:55 AM
    Too many "what ifs". Unhealthy.
    01-09-2016 11:47 AM
    It is fine.
    01-09-2016 09:55 PM
    01-09-2016 10:05 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452395146.084351.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	106.6 KB 
ID:	100729
    How is it not normal wear and tear? Are you sa
    01-10-2016 02:12 AM
    Are you saying I screwed it up?
    01-10-2016 02:13 AM
    I was kidding. Don't worry about it, it's fine. Just don't keep doing it, the answer could be different
    01-10-2016 09:13 AM
    I am, not just for my Apple devices, but for my other devices too.

Like I take really, REALLY good care of my LG G4 and iPad Pro.

Probably more care than what's needed.
    01-10-2016 11:58 AM
    I was kidding. Don't worry about it, it's fine. Just don't keep doing it, the answer could be different
    Ok. Sorry. But yeah, seems to be working fine and I can't imagine how a power cord could effect picture quality. That's ridiculous.
    01-10-2016 12:15 PM
    I'm constantly worried that my electronics are damaged or broken even though they appear to be working fine. Like, I just got a new Apple TV. I started to unplug it from the back of the device, but remembered I like to unplug from the outlet first. So I stopped and then unplugged from the outlet. But I'm afraid that me starting to unplug it then stopping somehow shocked the circuits inside or something. Or when the device in the shipping box accidentally fell a foot onto the floor. Or if there's a blackout and I'm playing my console and it shuts off abruptly that it shorted the components or something.

It's things like that. And it's ruining my life. If there was something wrong with my electronics, it would be noticeable right? Does anyone else have similar issues?
    Get a whole house surge. That will solve the elcectircal worries.
    01-10-2016 06:32 PM
    So there isn't any need to replace the Apple TV, right?
    01-10-2016 11:09 PM
    For the 52nd time, no.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    01-11-2016 08:11 AM
    For the 52nd time, no.
    Ok. I'm sorry. OCD makes you see things that aren't there. Hard to distinguish between what's not there and what is. You begin doubting your own eyes.
    01-11-2016 09:16 PM
    Ok. I'm sorry. OCD makes you see things that aren't there. Hard to distinguish between what's not there and what is. You begin doubting your own eyes.
    Does seeing sweat marks as scratches on my iPad Pro count?
    01-13-2016 02:54 AM
67 123