Recently when I tried to update an app,I got this message that says "there is a billing problem with a family member's previous purchase. Ask the family organizer to update their billing information. We have no idea what to do. My husband can download apps and update, but I can't. I should mention we were iPhone virgins until 2 weeks ago. We signed up for family share and are I the beginning of the 90 day trial period.

I don't know if they can help me at the Verizon store (?)
    Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.
    Betsy
    12-31-2015 09:29 AM
    Hi, Betsy! Do you have a payment method entered in your account? We don't use Family Sharing, So I'm not sure that's the issue. Also, if you have a bank card on file, go to the App Store and to your account and make sure the 3 digit security code is entered. Maybe someone else has another idea.

Info
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201079

http://m.imore.com/how-use-family-sh...accounts-ios-8
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-31-2015 09:49 AM
    My daughter is getting the same message. I checked my account info and re-entered the credit card info and security ID several times. All other members can purchase apps except my daughter.

I email Apple tech support and they just blamed my credit card.

I cannot believe how bad Apple's service has become.
    12-31-2015 11:39 AM
    My daughter is getting the same message. I checked my account info and re-entered the credit card info and security ID several times. All other members can purchase apps except my daughter.

Blamed your card how? What did they say was the problem? Have you checked the card numbers on your account? Are they correct? Apple's service is great. There must be an issue with the card. Have you deleted the card out, then enter it back in?
    12-31-2015 12:12 PM

Call iTunes Store support. You will get a different person and you can press the matter further. I rarely rely on the chat support alone.

Randall
    12-31-2015 08:34 PM
    Happy New year everyone!
    Thank you for the answers.
    I can tell you that before we set up family sharing, we each had our own credit card info on our phones. When we went to family share, then my husband's card became the main one, but my card is still listed for purchases other than family share.
    I have no idea, I'm ready to take myself off of fs, and go back on after our trial period is over.
    01-01-2016 08:59 AM
    Happy New year everyone!
    Thank you for the answers.
    I can tell you that before we set up family sharing, we each had our own credit card info on our phones. When we went to family share, then my husband's card became the main one, but my card is still listed for purchases other than family share.
    I have no idea, I'm ready to take myself off of fs, and go back on after our trial period is over.
    Did you contact iTunes Support? They might can help sort it out. If not, I would remove myself from Family Sharing. The only issue there is you pay separately for all paid items. And you can't share the iTunes ID. But definitely contact iTunes Support.
    01-01-2016 10:21 AM
    Well I emailed iTunes and while I was waiting for answer I stopped at the Verizon store and within 10 minutes it was fixed. My husband's card didn't have all of the information filled out so when I purchased an app instead of coming off of his card, it came off of mine. And because he's the main account holder for family share, things got mucked up.

Fortunately everything is up and running.

Thank you!

Betsy
    01-02-2016 10:35 PM