Phone not ringing goes directly to voice mail, what can I do?

I

iMore Question

Phone not ringing goes directly to voice mail

client advised that they had called me but my phone went directly to voice mail and I did not hear it ring.

crowordove

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Phone not ringing goes directly to voice mail

Hey there!

Off hand it sounds like you may have Do Not Disturbed turned on. If you swipe up from the bottom of the screen and the crescent moon icon is highlighted as it is in the photo tap it to turn it off. By default, if it is on, whenever a call comes in with the screen off the call will be automatically sent to voicemail as it is ignored. All notifications will also cease. If an individual calls twice within a short period of time it will allow it to come through as it is deemed an emergency. So if it is intentionally on its great! When it's on accidentally not so much...

Hope that helps!ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1449552019.355303.jpg

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Phone not ringing goes directly to voice mail

client advised that they had called me but my phone went directly to voice mail and I did not hear it ring.

Welcome to iMore! It could just be that your phone didn't have a good signal when your client called Do Not Disturb will keep your phone from ringing when someone calls (depending on your settings) but the caller will still hear the ringing; it won't go directly to voicemail.
Have you tried calling yourself from another phone? What happens?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711