I need an application to block pop up advertisements. Any suggestions?

I

iMore Question

I need an application to block pop up advertisements.

These ads just pop up and waste my time.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Can you let us know what device you're using so we can better help you? iOS has some built-in support but third party options are limited, and often cumbersome, due to iOS's closed ecosystem. OS X makes the process a little easier because you can install third party extensions.

Last edited:

Gazoobee

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I disagree with the statement that "... iOS has some built-in support but third party options are limited, and often cumersome (sic) ..."

iOS has AdBlockers which are supposed to operate in the same way that those available for the Desktop (just search for adblockers). They are new, and so for the most part poorly implemented but they are there.

An Adblocker for iOS that actually blocks Ads *inside* apps would work better because most ads for iOS are inside the app and presented to you by your local neighbourhood *developer* so you have them to thank for the adverts, not the advertisers themselves. For instance, eBay's new app (which it's pushing people hard to adopt over it's original iOS app) has built in adverts. The whole purpose of them creating the new app was so that they could present people with advertising.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I disagree with the statement that "... iOS has some built-in support but third party options are limited, and often cumersome (sic) ..."

iOS has AdBlockers which are supposed to operate in the same way that those available for the Desktop (just search for adblockers). They are new, and so for the most part poorly implemented but they are there.

An Adblocker for iOS that actually blocks Ads *inside* apps would work better because most ads for iOS are inside the app and presented to you by your local neighbourhood *developer* so you have them to thank for the adverts, not the advertisers themselves. For instance, eBay's new app (which it's pushing people hard to adopt over it's original iOS app) has built in adverts. The whole purpose of them creating the new app was so that they could present people with advertising.

I didn't say they weren't there, I said that they're limited and often cumbersome. They don't come close to being as effective as they are in OS X.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711