Up until a few days ago, whenever I "woke" my phone up with one of my fingers that has been scanned with Touch ID, my phone would simply wake up when I "clicked" the home button. But in the past few days, when I simply click the home button with my finger, my phone not only wakes up, it opens up completely to my phone.

I called Apple Tech. The tech sent the issue up to an engineer who said this is exactly the way it was designed. So if I have 5 notifications on my lock screen and put one of my fingers on the home button and "click", I bypass seeing the notifications and my phone opens up to the last page I was on.

I HATE this and still not convinced it's suppose to work this way. If we click the home button to wake it up (and use one of our scanned fingers), why should it bypass waking...right to opening the phone? It's maddening.

Any help would be great. Is this a hardware issues? Software?
    12-01-2015 10:53 PM
    This has been a common complaint with the upgraded Touch ID sensors in the 6s and 6s Plus. They are so responsive that, more often than not, they cause the phone to bypass the lockscreen even when the user doesn't mean to. For the time being, your options are to wake your phone using a finger that hasn't been scanned or using the sleep/wake button on the side of the phone. Hopefully Apple comes up with a solution soon.
    Last edited by DevilishBanker; 12-02-2015 at 12:26 PM.
    bmartin3191 likes this.
    12-01-2015 11:10 PM
    Ditto
    12-01-2015 11:12 PM
    Thank you for the confirmation! I thought I was loosing my mind.
    12-01-2015 11:50 PM
    Thank you for the confirmation! I thought I was loosing my mind.
    No problem. Glad I could help put your mind at ease
    12-02-2015 12:26 PM
    Up until a few days ago, whenever I "woke" my phone up with one of my fingers that has been scanned with Touch ID, my phone would simply wake up when I "clicked" the home button. But in the past few days, when I simply click the home button with my finger, my phone not only wakes up, it opens up completely to my phone.

I called Apple Tech. The tech sent the issue up to an engineer who said this is exactly the way it was designed. So if I have 5 notifications on my lock screen and put one of my fingers on the home button and "click", I bypass seeing the notifications and my phone opens up to the last page I was on.

I HATE this and still not convinced it's suppose to work this way. If we click the home button to wake it up (and use one of our scanned fingers), why should it bypass waking...right to opening the phone? It's maddening.

Any help would be great. Is this a hardware issues? Software?
    Adjust your finger flow; if you just want the lock screen don't put your entire finger on the button or use the sleep/wake button on the side.
    12-02-2015 03:16 PM
    I just use a non touch ID finger. I usually want to see the screen early morning when I wake. But not later in the day.
    12-02-2015 09:28 PM
    I love how we're complaining that the fingerprint scanner on the new iPhone is too good.
    robertk328 and TurboTiger like this.
    12-02-2015 09:33 PM
    I love how we're complaining that the fingerprint scanner on the new iPhone is too good.
    Lol right
    12-02-2015 09:36 PM
    I don't have the 6S, but I have gotten myself into the habit of waking my Plus by using the side button instead of the home button. You know, for the inevitable upgrade to the 7 when my contract is up.
    12-03-2015 08:56 AM
    LOL, yeah. But I do like to see the Lock screen when I wake for the notifications and weather. It's so good it bypasses the lock screen.
    12-03-2015 11:44 AM
    My touch ID just working too slow so I don't get it why you complain about "why it working too fast" LOL
    12-05-2015 04:01 AM
    My touch ID just working too slow so I don't get it why you complain about "why it working too fast" LOL
    You're the only one with that problem then
    12-06-2015 08:40 AM
    You're the only one with that problem then
    Never failed to identifying yourself by Touch ID?
    12-06-2015 08:45 AM
    Never failed to identifying yourself by Touch ID?
    Sometimes it doesn't recognize on the first try, but it's always fast
    12-06-2015 10:33 AM
    I don't think TouchID can be too good, they just need to change the UI slightly to allow for how fast it now is.

One possibility is an option for requiring two touches of the home button if there are any notifications, so that you get a chance to read them, but it doesn't delay you if there are no notifications (as with pressing the side button first).

Or maybe turn the screen on if you rest your finger on the sensor and it recognises the print, but don't unlock until the button is actually pressed?

Of course this may all change next year anyway if the rumours are true about the home button being made part of the screen to reduce the bezel size.
    12-07-2015 03:51 AM