Can a friend of a friend find my contacts on Facebook and contact me on WhatsApp?

I

iMore Question

I have had an unknown number turn up on my contact lists on WhatsApp it turns out to be a friend of friend on Facebook. I know my WhatsApp is linked to Facebook and so is our mutual friend but I didn't think this know this was possible.

I have checked they aren't anywhere else on my contacts on iPhone and I have never talked to them before.

I have asked WhatsApp but keep getting directed back to the FAQs which are pretty unhelpful.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have had an unknown number turn up on my contact lists on WhatsApp it turns out to be a friend of friend on Facebook. I know my WhatsApp is linked to Facebook and so is our mutual friend but I didn't think this know this was possible.

I have checked they aren't anywhere else on my contacts on iPhone and I have never talked to them before.

I have asked WhatsApp but keep getting directed back to the FAQs which are pretty unhelpful.

Contacting either Facebook support or WhatsApp support would be best suited for this matter. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2