Where do I find the folder to use my own photos for the screensaver?

I

iMore Question

I always used to have my "favorite" photos as the screensaver on my Macbook. I recently cleaned things up, and the screensaver changed to the National Geographic photos. When I go to System Preferences, it offers me several choices (all stock photos), and also "Choose Folder". Well...that is great, but where are my photos? None of the options in "Choose folder" give me my photos?!

Help!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! To change your screensaver to your own photos choose "Photo Library" under Source in your screensaver settings. If you have another folder you want to use then select "Choose Folder" instead and select a folder. Photos are generally located in [user name] > Pictures, unless you've set another location for them.

StephPF

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
^ The problem is that "Photo Library" is not an option?? Here is what my screen looks like--

Screen Shot 2015-11-22 at 11.42.10 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-22 at 11.42.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-22 at 11.42.10 AM.png
    281.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 2ajrte9.png
    2ajrte9.png
    212.3 KB · Views: 13

StephPF

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Wow! That question fixed it! Thank you!

When I went to check, I opened Photos and it immediately crashed. I tried again and it crashed again. I knew that I had been religiously backing up, but I still got worried. I restarted, opened Photos, it worked(!), I checked the screensaver options, and it was back!! Hurray!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods