Should I get a MacBook Air or does a iPad Air 2 for my needs?

louisfutbol

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Should I get a MacBook Air or does a iPad Air 2 for my needs

My computer broke and now I am looking for a new computer which would be a MacBook Air but I thought maybe a iPad Air 2 64GB would do. I am a 8th grader so cost is a big deal for me. Please tell me what you think I buy. I would need to do homework on the device such as researching, math (and there is app for the iPad) and write documents and presentations on google docs and slides. I would also want to do some browsing, watch videos on YouTube,photo editing and light video editing/making (no rendering). Please tell me if iPad Air 2 64GB would be enough or should I just spend the extra 500 dollars and get the MacBook Air. Thanks.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Get a keyboard and you should be able to get away with using your iPad. You'll probably want to make sure you have an AirPrint compatible printer so printing up papers and research documents.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

As much as I hate to say it, I agree with @DevilishBanker. ;)

My only reservations would be photo editing and how much you do. I find it a lot easier to do with a mouse but I may do more editing than you're talking about. If you're just doing the usual stuff that you would do with your phone then you're ok with the iPad :)

Personally I couldn't do with "just an iPad" but that's me. If your needs can be fulfilled with iOS then save that $500 for something else!

Either way you go, enjoy it and be sure to hang around here at iMore!

twopinstudio

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: Should I get a MacBook Air or does a iPad Air 2 for my needs

Personally if budget is the issue can consider a Macbook(last gen) with HDD and CD ROM. Cost less than macbook air anyway

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77