I reset my iphone to factory settings before selling it. I had also logged into gmail via safari (not just mail app), is there any possibility that it's still logged in as I have recently received a dodgy email to myself after selling the phone?

I had logged into a couple of other sites using internet safari too, so just want to make sure that the factory resetting tool resets logins in safari too other than photos, videos, music, apps, contacts etc.

Any feedback is much appreciated!

M
    10-26-2015 09:28 PM
  2. Just_Me_D said: Best Answer

It's possible that when you logged into your gmail account via Safari after resetting your device, you gave Safari permission to save your login information via the iCloud Keychain. If so, and if you did not clear that information, someone could go to the Google website to access gmail, and immediately be prompt to automatically login to your account with the saved information. Of course, I'm only speculating and can't say that that is what happened in your situation.
    It's possible that when you logged into your gmail account via Safari after resetting your device, you gave Safari permission to save your login information via the iCloud Keychain. If so, and if you did not clear that information, someone could go to the Google website to access gmail, and immediately be prompt to automatically login to your account with the saved information. Of course, I'm only speculating and can't say that that is what happened in your situation.
    10-26-2015 09:58 PM
    If you reset your phone and it was on the welcome screen when you sold it then there was no personal information left on the phone.

The way the phone is wiped ensures nothing stays behind. You can read all about it in the iOS Security Guide (google it).
    10-27-2015 06:50 AM