The phone is dark, doesn't ring. It did sound like it was taking pictures once.
    10-25-2015 07:36 PM
  2. Ledsteplin said: Best Answer

I think what you're referring to is actually a soft reset. To perform a soft reset, hold both the power button and home button down until you see the Apple boot logo.
    A hard reset restores your phone to its original out-of-box state.
    No, a hard reset (or restart) is the power button and home button. A soft reset is the power button to turn off the phone. ( Slide to power off). A restore is a restore.
    I think what you're referring to is actually a soft reset. To perform a soft reset, hold both the power button and home button down until you see the Apple boot logo.
    10-25-2015 07:38 PM
    No, a hard reset (or restart) is the power button and home button. A soft reset is the power button to turn off the phone. ( Slide to power off). A restore is a restore.
    10-25-2015 10:09 PM
    That was also my original understanding, but dchandler convinced me I was wrong.
    Last edited by DevilishBanker; 10-25-2015 at 10:24 PM.
    10-25-2015 10:11 PM
    That was also my original understanding, but dchandler convinced me I was wrong.
    He's been working on me too. LOL seems there's a lot of confusion about it. If someone redefined the terms lately, they forgot to tell me.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    10-25-2015 11:34 PM