How many iPhone users use BBM

canuckvoip

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I could never get into them.

One interesting thought I had was to use a channel for family/friends to keep up with. You can make them private if you want and then there's no Facebook type of creepy quotient. Not that everybody is worried about that kind of thing...

anon(9208252)

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
One interesting thought I had was to use a channel for family/friends to keep up with. You can make them private if you want and then there's no Facebook type of creepy quotient. Not that everybody is worried about that kind of thing...

That's actually a really good idea. Thanks.

canuckvoip

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
That's actually a really good idea. Thanks.

I just wish we could get multiple admins for a channel. That way anyone could update/add pics etc. Right now you can have another admin but that person has to use the web interface. For now, each family member would have their own private channel that everyone else would subscribe to and favorite in order to get notifications.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have BBM on my phone but don't use it much. The people I used to BBM with are all on iPhones now. I have thought about using BBM for group messaging since AT&T limits group messages to 10 and I have a group with more than 10 folks.

canuckvoip

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have BBM on my phone but don't use it much. The people I used to BBM with are all on iPhones now. I have thought about using BBM for group messaging since AT&T limits group messages to 10 and I have a group with more than 10 folks.

BBM had issues cross platform early on but I think it's fairly stable now. Can even use Paypal in it!

FlashFlare11

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm an ex-BlackBerry user and my 6 Plus is my first venture away from BlackBerry so, naturally, I'm a fan of BBM. I used to like it much more than I do now. I don't talk to most of 78 contacts and I talk to less of them than I did maybe a year ago when I switched platforms. I'm a part of a few groups and while I contemplated leaving BBM, I didn't want to lose my contacts or my groups. I still think BBM is best on a BlackBerry 10 device so for a long time I used it on my Z30. Now that it's back on my iPhone, I use it sometimes. One thing I noticed is that it's somewhat of a battery drain and always shows up on my Usage stats. Chatty groups are particularly problematic as there's no option to mute groups (something that's on the BlackBerry version). BBM would be awesome if I had just that one feature.

I don't want to part with BBM yet, but I won't be going back to BlackBerry any time soon.

anon(9208252)

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm an ex-BlackBerry user and my 6 Plus is my first venture away from BlackBerry so, naturally, I'm a fan of BBM. I used to like it much more than I do now. I don't talk to most of 78 contacts and I talk to less of them than I did maybe a year ago when I switched platforms. I'm a part of a few groups and while I contemplated leaving BBM, I didn't want to lose my contacts or my groups. I still think BBM is best on a BlackBerry 10 device so for a long time I used it on my Z30. Now that it's back on my iPhone, I use it sometimes. One thing I noticed is that it's somewhat of a battery drain and always shows up on my Usage stats. Chatty groups are particularly problematic as there's no option to mute groups (something that's on the BlackBerry version). BBM would be awesome if I had just that one feature.

I don't want to part with BBM yet, but I won't be going back to BlackBerry any time soon.

Yes I kept my z30 and I keep my groups on it. The groups are a big battery drain when they are pretty active.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I tried it when it first came out. It was an awful application at the time. I've heard they've improved it somewhat, but I really have no reason to use it at this point as all my BBM contacts have moved on to other platforms.

kwp217

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I would love to use BBM, but don't have any friends that use it. I tried it when it first cam out for iPhone, but never got used. Most of my peeps use WhatsApp.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro