Instagram problem

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem or is it just me. I have reset delete and re-downloaded this app and nothing is working. This is the problem, every time I post something on Instagram it will always save the photo or video on my phone even tho I have checked off the save photo part on Instagram? Anyway I can prevent this from happening? Help please and thank you

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem or is it just me. I have reset delete and re-downloaded this app and nothing is working. This is the problem, every time I post something on Instagram it will always save the photo or video on my phone even tho I have checked off the save photo part on Instagram? Anyway I can prevent this from happening? Help please and thank you
I believe the option you're thinking about is "save original photo", which leaves the original unedited version in tact. This does not keep the edited version of the photo that posts to Instagram from saving on your phone.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
It happens to me, too. But I don't have a "Save Photo" option in my Instagram settings. Where are you seeing that? I do have a "Save Original Photos" option that is toggled on. I do agree that saving a version on my phone is no necessary. I usually go out to my photo album and delete it.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes the save original photo I mean. But either or, I do not want the edited version saved on my phone. This use to never happen up until like the past couple month when Instagram have an update. Anyway to prevent this from happening?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes the save original photo I mean. But either or, I do not want the edited version saved on my phone. This use to never happen up until like the past couple month when Instagram have an update. Anyway to prevent this from happening?
Unfortunately, no there isn't. Instagram always saves the edited photo to your phone. You'll have to go back from time to time and delete the edited photos yourself.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, no there isn't. Instagram always saves the edited photo to your phone. You'll have to go back from time to time and delete the edited photos yourself.

Instagram did not always have this. This just have been recent but sucks yeah I guess I will just have to do that which is inconvenient. OH well

S2D187

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
My problem with Instagram is that it has created two albums on my iPhone! Which one to delete? And would deleting one album remove those photos inside it from my Instagram account??

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2