We have one Apple account. If we use that account on two iPhones and our iPod Touch, will settings on one affect the others and will contacts, calls/messages appear on others?
    Last edited by nthnu; 10-07-2015 at 05:57 PM.
    10-07-2015 05:44 PM
    Yes they will and suggest one person going to Manage Apple ID and create a separate one to prevent this from happening.
    nthnu likes this.
    10-07-2015 06:32 PM
    A good deal of people share one Apple ID for purchases only, but have separate iCloud IDs for email, text messages, reminders, calendar events, FaceTime, etcetera. It provides a bit of privacy where it matters most, but also allow each other to use the apps without having to purchase them separately.
    nthnu likes this.
    10-07-2015 06:49 PM
    Ok, so I'd have the Apple account and everything setup on an iPhone, then my wife sets up an Apple account with hers, and child with their iPod Touch. Then using Family Sharing, I could setup mine and wife's Apple accts/iPhones to approve/disapprove requests from child. Right?

Also, email, text messages, reminders, calendar events, FaceTime, etcetera would be unique to each acct and everyone would have their own setup.
    10-08-2015 02:27 PM
    One more question. Can there be multiple Apple accounts using iCloud for Windows?
    10-09-2015 10:22 AM
    Ok, so I'd have the Apple account and everything setup on an iPhone, then my wife sets up an Apple account with hers, and child with their iPod Touch. Then using Family Sharing, I could setup mine and wife's Apple accts/iPhones to approve/disapprove requests from child. Right?

Also, email, text messages, reminders, calendar events, FaceTime, etcetera would be unique to each acct and everyone would have their own setup.
    Use the same iTunes ID, but different iCloud, iMessage and Facetime ID's.
    nthnu likes this.
    10-09-2015 11:02 AM
    Use the same iTunes ID, but different iCloud, iMessage and Facetime ID's.
    I'm confused now. How can that be done?
    10-09-2015 11:14 AM
    I'm confused now. How can that be done?
    Go to iTunes and enter the same ID for all. Go to iCloud and log in with your own ID. Repeat for iMessage and Facetime. Easy.
    My wife and I share an iTunes ID. ( It's my ID). I use the same for iCloud, iMessage and Facetime. She has her own iCloud, iMessage and Facetime ID's. It's that simple.
    Everyone will need an email address and a password. Everyone can use your Apple ID for iTunes. That way you can all share downloads and purchases. You can use that ID for your iCloud, iMessage and Facetime. The others will need to use their own ID for iCloud, iMessage and Facetime.
    nthnu likes this.
    10-09-2015 02:45 PM
    Isn't the iTunes ID the same as the Apple ID?
    10-09-2015 02:56 PM
    Soooo, to play this out...I'll use our iTunes ID (aka Apple account email), and then setup Messages, FaceTime, iCloud, etc, using that same account email on my iPhone. My wife will setup her iPhone using the same iTunes ID, and use another email to setup Messages, FaceTime, iCloud, etc. Our child will ditto what my wife did for her iPod Touch.
    10-09-2015 03:10 PM
    Your wife will use her OWN Apple ID on her phone and will log into FaceTime, iCloud, etc with her OWN Apple ID. Then (if desired) use your Apple ID to log into iTunes.

Alternately, you can set up Family Sharing and add her to that, and then she would use her own Apple ID in iTunes as well, but would be able to access your purchases and you would be able to access hers. Same with your child.
    nthnu likes this.
    10-09-2015 06:31 PM
    Ok, thanks. I think I got it now. Too many terms for similar terms lol.
    10-09-2015 06:35 PM
    Soooo, to play this out...I'll use our iTunes ID (aka Apple account email), and then setup Messages, FaceTime, iCloud, etc, using that same account email on my iPhone. My wife will setup her iPhone using the same iTunes ID, and use another email to setup Messages, FaceTime, iCloud, etc. Our child will ditto what my wife did for her iPod Touch.
    Exactly!
    nthnu likes this.
    10-10-2015 09:48 AM