Do emails download to the device?

I

iMore Question

My iPhone's storage is full and I believe it's because it downloads the emails I've got for years onto the device. Why is this? How do I keep the emails but free up the storage? Anyway to stop them from downloading?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Also check to see if you have selected to keep your email on the server and if so deselect this option. My best friend found today and not joking 32000 emails today because of this same thing he ignored and has taken him all day and still removing emails from his Archived or now All Mail (Gmail) folder.

TechTinker

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Also check to see if you have selected to keep your email on the server and if so deselect this option. My best friend found today and not joking 32000 emails today because of this same thing he ignored and has taken him all day and still removing emails from his Archived or now All Mail (Gmail) folder.

Still a bit confused. All I see is to delete from server (never, daily, 7 days, monthly). Is this what you mean? We want to keep it on the server, just not on the phone taking up space.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In addition to warcraftWidow's response, if your email account is with Hotmail/Outlook.com then you can go to Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars - [account] - Mail Days to Sync, and then make the necessary changes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro