What is the future of the iPhone 5 size phone?

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Future of iphone 5 size phone

Anybody got any insight into if Apple will continue production of a iPhone 5 size device? There are some among us that prefer a smaller phone but don't want to be left in a cloud of dust. I don't know if when the current stock of 5s devices is gone will there be anymore or something to take its place. Interested in hearing any thoughts on the subject.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Future of iphone 5 size phone

I don't think iPhone 5s has reached EOL status with Apple so they are probably still producing new units, or they at least feel like they have enough finished goods to outlast demand. As far as future 4" iPhones, your guess is as good as mine. Bigger seems to be better nowadays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Re: Future of iphone 5 size phone

I think next year the iPhone 7 will come in 4", 4.7-5", and 5.5-6"sizes.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Anybody got any insight into if Apple will continue production of a iPhone 5 size device? There are some among us that prefer a smaller phone but don't want to be left in a cloud of dust. I don't know if when the current stock of 5s devices is gone will there be anymore or something to take its place. Interested in hearing any thoughts on the subject.

Apple has always been very minimalistic in its approach to design and I don't see then offering a huge product line. We might take a cue from what happened when they first introduced a larger size with the iPhone 5.....the iPhone 4 size went away.

I feel the iPhone 5 size won't continue.

But then again, I didn't think they would ever introduce pink iPhones......

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Rose Gold 128G iPhone 6s Plus

mvpilot172

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site

With the overwhelming popularity of the iPhone 6/6+ launch I'd say there probably isn't a sustainable profitable market for 4" screens anymore, atleast with Apple's margins.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

I don't think we'll see another 4" iPhone. They'll stick with the current sizes.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

I also don't have a need for them going over the current size. In my experience, the Plus hits the sweet spot. My Lumia's size becomes unwieldy for primary, everyday use.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

I think next year the iPhone 7 will come in 4", 4.7-5", and 5.5-6"sizes.
Not this.

I don't think we'll see another 4" iPhone. They'll stick with the current sizes.
This. The fact of the matter is, the number of people who want the 4" iPhone is small. Even smaller is the number of people who are unwilling to get a 4.5+" device if they only have that option.

It's not worth it for Apple to manufacturer a phone when they can easily sway most to a 4.7+ inch screen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2