iPad Mini 4 16GB vs iPad Mini 2 32GB, which one is better?

I

iMore Question

iPad Mini 4 16GB vs iPad Mini 2 32GB

I have a limited budget right now so probably won't be getting the 64GB Mini 4. Which one is better?

I mainly intend to be reading a lot of ebooks on this as well as browsing the web. I am really attracted by the laminated display (and color accuracy) as well as the higher RAM (device should last more and better multitasking, better switching between browser tabs), and the TouchID as well. I don't think the smaller weight really makes a difference though that's a plus as well. Doing split screen multitasking seems really cool. I intend to use other more powerful apps on the App Store too over time so I really like the Mini 4.

But just 16GB is definitely a big downside. I'm not going to be taking photos or videos from this thing so that puts less strain on the storage though.

I have a laptop too, and a phone with 32GB which has been comfortable so far. I mostly just want to be reading ebooks and browsing the web but also access to Apple's App Store so I'm pretty sure I want an iPad mini though I am not sure how much of a difference the Mini 4's upgrades really make.

Theoretically I should be able to survive with 16gigs and it's less crucial than in a phone (where low storage means I won't be able to take another photo) but I can imagine it being a pain to manage.

Which one should I go for? Will the Mini 2 be sufficient?

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: iPad Mini 4 16GB vs iPad Mini 2 32GB

I have an iPad mini 2 and love it. As far as the best storage size, as much as you can afford.

gotham_girl

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: iPad Mini 4 16GB vs iPad Mini 2 32GB

Did you decide yet, OP? I was in a similar situation last year and had to choose between the Mini 2 and Mini 3. Granted, it's an easier choice, but the problem was that Apple had pulled all 32 gb Mini 2's from the stores(in my country). No matter where I went, they kept telling me to get the 64 gb Mini 3 instead, which offered too little for the asking price. It was out of my budget, too. So I figured, since the iPad is going to be a secondary device anyway, I just might be able to manage with 16 gb.

I think your major concern here should be storage rather than performance because, from the videos I've seen on YouTube, there isn't that much of a difference. Unless you really want features like TouchID and split screen multitasking. It's a question of a couple of seconds' delay. I bought mine mainly for reading too, and it has served me well so far, as long as I don't hoard pics and music on it.

If you need that speed, the iPad Air 2 is actually faster. If you need the added features and are ready to compromise on the storage, get the Mini 3. If you don't want to worry about storage, get the Mini 2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR