Your Choice: Microsoft vs Apple vs Google

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The **** these people come up with smmfh.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus  using Tapatalk

It's the same ol' song and dance honestly...any time Apple releases something, there's somebody waiting in the wings to point out how useless it is because of this, that or the other. Most of the time it's just opinionated banter, so arguing it becomes a moot point...in this case, he's just flat out wrong, so it makes it easier to retort to. The days where on board file systems were the ONLY legitimate option in business are LONNNNNNNG over.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
It's the same ol' song and dance honestly...any time Apple releases something, there's somebody waiting in the wings to point out how useless it is because of this, that or the other. Most of the time it's just opinionated banter, so arguing it becomes a moot point...in this case, he's just flat out wrong, so it makes it easier to retort to. The days where on board file systems were the ONLY legitimate option in business are LONNNNNNNG over.

Basically, what I don't understand is. Why no one waits in the corner for Samsung, LG or any other manufacturers to find one thing & blow it outta proportion.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus  using Tapatalk

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
MacBook or MacBook Pro? That is the way I would go! Or get the surface as someone said it's a real computer. (Not that I don't love my ipad mind you) Sounds like you are looking for a computer!

Muessig

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
As a graphic designer day in and day out I'm using Mac's and I think the hardware for Macbooks etc are phenomenal. That said I think Microsoft are taking notice and catching up by marketing towards productivity.

Last edited:

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
When it comes to these types of computers, I'm going with the Surface Pro 4 just because it's a better computer for most desktop purposes. I do like the iPad but really am looking for portability on that more than anything else.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I am torn between the iPad and pro4. I can't afford both.

For me the 4 maxed out with 16 GB ram and docking station.

Sent from my SM-N910U using Tapatalk

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Surface if you need a full computer experience. As far as the other two, if money is no option, iPad Pro. If you are on a budget, the Pixel C.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have all three and they have their own purposes. I use the  devices most though. I will be getting an iPad Pro and a surface 4 to test out though.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
For me it's a no brainer: If it's not Apple, I am likely to end up looking like this within minutes of trying to figure things out:

huge.9.48200.JPG

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Surface Pro 4.

iOS still isn't good enough to buy an iPad for "Pro Use" "for me" (Disclaimer: This disclaimer is standard fare here, else this one sentence will be ripped to shreds based on the assumption that I think my opinion applies to every single soul on planet Earth.)

Also, the ability to intro with more peripherals (External Hard Drives, SD Cards from a Camera without a Camera Connection Kit) and run full-feature software like Lightroom, Photoshop, etc. really drives the "value" of the device up from a platform standpoint. I have an 8" Windows Tablet with 2GB RAM and the kinds of Apps you can run on this thing + the way it interpose with standard peripherals (via the $3 USB OTG cables I got from Amazon) is kind of amazing.

If you're looking for something that runs great "Mobile Apps" then the iPad is obviously where it is. As a convertible, it still doesn't cut it, though. Pixel C I'm not sure what to think of it. Given how badly Android dev seem to care about Tablet App Optimization and the fact that it shares much of iOS' limitations as a convertible device... I'm not sure if it should be an option considering you can get a Surface 3 for the same price.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Surface Pro 4.

iOS still isn't good enough to buy an iPad for "Pro Use" "for me" (Disclaimer: This disclaimer is standard fare here, else this one sentence will be ripped to shreds based on the assumption that I think my opinion applies to every single soul on planet Earth.)

Also, the ability to intro with more peripherals (External Hard Drives, SD Cards from a Camera without a Camera Connection Kit) and run full-feature software like Lightroom, Photoshop, etc. really drives the "value" of the device up from a platform standpoint. I have an 8" Windows Tablet with 2GB RAM and the kinds of Apps you can run on this thing + the way it interpose with standard peripherals (via the $3 USB OTG cables I got from Amazon) is kind of amazing.

If you're looking for something that runs great "Mobile Apps" then the iPad is obviously where it is. As a convertible, it still doesn't cut it, though. Pixel C I'm not sure what to think of it. Given how badly Android dev seem to care about Tablet App Optimization and the fact that it shares much of iOS' limitations as a convertible device... I'm not sure if it should be an option considering you can get a Surface 3 for the same price.

Very good point about the peripherals. It's still one of the biggest reasons I use Windows.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Very good point about the peripherals. It's still one of the biggest reasons I use Windows.

Curious why you felt the need to point out "Windows" in relation to his comments about peripherals...OS X has the exact same support in this regard.

It's also curious that people are discrediting the iPad Pro's ability to hang with devices like the Surface Pro before the thing has even hit the shelves. There was a comment made about how you can't run full feature software on the iPad...but the apps in development, in terms of graphics development, are on par with any "full feature" software of the same type...Affinity Suite, if paired with a precision tablet function, would be an incredible tool in this field.

You can run all the "full feature" software you want to, but if it doesn't do any particular function well, what's the point? The Surface Pro can run the PC version of photoshop, but it doesn't do it all that well, and the pen interface and performance is not optimal at all...so if the iPad Pro can (and that is still a big IF since we don't know) do graphic design with superior precision on a mobile app, how is that a "fault" compared to a device who runs a full feature software but doesn't do it all that well for the same purpose?

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Curious why you felt the need to point out "Windows" in relation to his comments about peripherals...OS X has the exact same support in this regard.

It's also curious that people are discrediting the iPad Pro's ability to hang with devices like the Surface Pro before the thing has even hit the shelves. There was a comment made about how you can't run full feature software on the iPad...but the apps in development, in terms of graphics development, are on par with any "full feature" software of the same type...Affinity Suite, if paired with a precision tablet function, would be an incredible tool in this field.

You can run all the "full feature" software you want to, but if it doesn't do any particular function well, what's the point? The Surface Pro can run the PC version of photoshop, but it doesn't do it all that well, and the pen interface and performance is not optimal at all...so if the iPad Pro can (and that is still a big IF since we don't know) do graphic design with superior precision on a mobile app, how is that a "fault" compared to a device who runs a full feature software but doesn't do it all that well for the same purpose?

That's not true. There are a lot of peripherals that only have Windows drivers, and there are a lot of older peripherals where the Windows Vista/XP driver installs and functions fine on Windows 10, but the Mac Driver is for a 5-7 year old OS revision and it doesn't function at all on OS X. My Nostrum n52 is a good example of that. Works flawlessly on Windows, but it's now useless on OS X because the drivers were not updated past Windows Vista and whatever version of OS X was around at that time. I ended up having to buy a whole other gamepad (for $80), just for my Mac.

The previous gamepad is still in great condition. I've been using it with Windows since 2007. Every single version from XP to Vista to 7 to 8.x to 10 has continued to function with it.

Of course if you limit yourself to only the very obvious things (like Keyboards, Mice, Printers, and obvious stuff like that), then I guess you're slightly correct. Slightly.

With Windows you don't even look at the packaging because you know as long as the thing had at least an XP or Vista driver there's about a 99.8% chance that it will install and run flawlessly on any subsequent version of Windows. I do a lot of research before I buy peripherals for my iMac by comparison.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2