Your Choice: Microsoft vs Apple vs Google

ultravisitor

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't like keeping myself restricted to one company or operating system. I like actually having current knowledge and experience of what's going on with the various platforms.

Between these three, though, I don't know. I'd like a Surface Pro, but I don't think we know enough yet about either the iPad Pro or the Pixel C for me to be able to say I'd definitely choose it over the other two.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Can I choose all of the above? I like all three options. I keep my OS-mind open and tend to jump from platform to platform. I think they all provide the end user something different and great. Too bad I don't have the $3-4k to pick up all three!

Geodude074

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
iOS has no file-management capabilities. Because of this, it will never ever be capable of being a productivity OS. The moment you have to deal with multiple file types and need a content management system, iOS will fall on its face.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I would have to go with the Surface Pro. Not a fan of the iPad. Have one and very rarely use it, prefer my MBP when mobile. Not a fan of Google equipment either. Surface because I prefer a full use computer.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
iOS has no file-management capabilities. Because of this, it will never ever be capable of being a productivity OS. The moment you have to deal with multiple file types and need a content management system, iOS will fall on its face.

Dropbox can function in this regard and give iOS a legitimate file management system.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Surface Pro 3 without a doubt. I already have an iPad, and have no interest in a bigger one. Since I already have an iPad, I don't really have a need for an android tablet. What makes the Surface Pro cool (for me) is it's multi functional. I can use it as a tablet around the house, but I can also use it as a laptop for those occasional business trips. Since it runs Windows 10, I already have Office 2016 and CAD programs that will work on it. Not to mention at least some of my Steam library would probably run halfway decent on the mid to high end models. I've been occasionally browsing these things for about a year now, and no doubt I will eventually pick one up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. I use Google Drive to manage all files across all my devices. I prefer it that way.

We use the Surface Pro's when I go into the production offices and work with the other logistical people on some projects...and all we ever use is google drive and dropbox, lol. I always find it hilarious when people say one of the critical faults of the iOS devices is their lack of file management systems...it really makes it glaringly obvious who actually uses these things and who doesn't...because, at least from a creative environment, isolated file management within a device is a secondary option now since cloud service management allows for easy project sharing.

But what do we know? We only use these devices in our careers, lol! :tongue::beer:

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
We use the Surface Pro's when I go into the production offices and work with the other logistical people on some projects...and all we ever use is google drive and dropbox, lol. I always find it hilarious when people say one of the critical faults of the iOS devices is their lack of file management systems...it really makes it glaringly obvious who actually uses these things and who doesn't...because, at least from a creative environment, isolated file management within a device is a secondary option now since cloud service management allows for easy project sharing.

But what do we know? We only use these devices in our careers, lol! :tongue::beer:

My entire workplace runs off Google Drive and Dropbox. Why would we rely on local storage that could fail? And to answer op. Definitely the ipad pro. I have tried surface and the latency issues are a deal breaker for any serious artist. If the ipad pro can't solve the mobile latency issues... Then I will pick none. Which is fine too. Wacom/laptop combo is just fine, though an ipad pro seems like a lot of fun.

Wasim Wes Adetunji

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
It is pretty much a matter of consensus. Why does Apple have OSX and iOS separated, unless they admit that iOS is unsuitable for the full capabilities of a "real" computer?

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
It is pretty much a matter of consensus. Why does Apple have OSX and iOS separated, unless they admit that iOS is unsuitable for the full capabilities of a "real" computer?

It's more a separation of what makes a mobile tablet device and what makes a full laptop. Why have a "tablet" running osx which to navigate comfortably you would mostly likely prefer a keyboard and some sort of mouse. Add a keyboard and mouse to a tablet and you got yourself a laptop. If you need a full osx experience...buy a laptop.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think it's pretty hilarious when people imply that the mobile Apple devices HAVE to run iOS for whatever reason vs. a full "PC" OS (IE: OS X)...especially considering the specs of the iPad Pro compared to some of the machines that ARE running OS X (like the '15 Macbook).

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Surface Pro 3 or Pixel C. Only because I an already invested in both ecosystems and buying stuff over on iOS is not something I want to do on top of buying an expensive tablet.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

ChrisP1

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
I'd like to see how the "real computer" Microshaft Surface benchmarks against the iPad Pro. My money is on the iPad. And what makes a real computer anyway? The OS?

LOL really? A mobile CPU against an intel i3, i5 or i7? Give me a break. You do know that the Macbook that apparently the ipad pro had a better score in for something is running a mobile cpu right?
Would be interesting seeing the comparison to the i3 Surface Pro 3 and also the Surface 3 but really, come on dude. Put some logic into this.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
LOL really? A mobile CPU against an intel i3, i5 or i7? Give me a break. You do know that the Macbook that apparently the ipad pro had a better score in for something is running a mobile cpu right?
Would be interesting seeing the comparison to the i3 Surface Pro 3 and also the Surface 3 but really, come on dude. Put some logic into this.

If you really want to put some logic in this, you'll understand how silly it is to discredit the performance of the machines just because they're running a mobile chip set. Go look at some of the numbers from the '15 Macbook vs. the i5 MB Airs (or other entry "netbook" style computers with the same i5 processors...we won't even get into i3 setups.

The horsepower is there on the mobile setups regardless of how you want to stereotype them...none of these things are ever going to be juggernaut computers...even the coming Surface Pro is still essentially an entry level setup. You make it quite obvious you don't have much experience with these things on a personal level...and you're just going by the spec drag racing people like to have on internet blogs and forums.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

LOL!!! Ever hear of Dropbox?!?!

You know what we use at work? Starts with an i and ends with an e. We store in the cloud.

Nooooo problems....

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Rose Gold 128G iPhone 6s Plus

BitPusher2600

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
This is interesting. I followed this post on both WinCentral and here, and while the replies vary, what can anyone really say? It's both natural and fair that people on each site want to stick to the ecosystem they believe in, I seriously cannot see anything wrong with that. There's also the folks who use multiple platforms, also viable and awesome. I couldn't pass judgement on anyone for their choices, they have to do what works for them, but when you get into flamewars, out comes the p;ssing contest.

For the sake of throwing out two cents, I wouldn't mind an iPad Pro because of it's size and the use I would have for it for making music. There's so many apps I like and have fun with that just don't exist on the desktop. I personally am anti-Google so Android isn't my thing. I do admire the Surface for being a tablet form factor that runs desktop Windows. That makes it an entirely different beast than the others doesn't it? I don't believe it was designed to run 4k modded Skyrim and stuff like that, but to have such a slick form factor with a desktop? That's awesome. Like any of us here who like the tablet form factor wouldn't jump all over an iPad that ran full OS X? I sure as hell would.

To each their own. I just feel bad when flamewars get so intense it's supposed to be as if someone is an inferior human being because they love something someone else thinks is garbage for any x number of reasons. Stay happy folks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice