iOS has no file-management capabilities. Because of this, it will never ever be capable of being a productivity OS. The moment you have to deal with multiple file types and need a content management system, iOS will fall on its face.
    Dropbox can function in this regard and give iOS a legitimate file management system.
    10-02-2015 07:24 PM
    Surface Pro 3 without a doubt. I already have an iPad, and have no interest in a bigger one. Since I already have an iPad, I don't really have a need for an android tablet. What makes the Surface Pro cool (for me) is it's multi functional. I can use it as a tablet around the house, but I can also use it as a laptop for those occasional business trips. Since it runs Windows 10, I already have Office 2016 and CAD programs that will work on it. Not to mention at least some of my Steam library would probably run halfway decent on the mid to high end models. I've been occasionally browsing these things for about a year now, and no doubt I will eventually pick one up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    10-02-2015 07:42 PM
    Dropbox can function in this regard and give iOS a legitimate file management system.
    Exactly. I use Google Drive to manage all files across all my devices. I prefer it that way.
    nikkisharif and swarlos like this.
    10-02-2015 07:49 PM
    Exactly. I use Google Drive to manage all files across all my devices. I prefer it that way.
    We use the Surface Pro's when I go into the production offices and work with the other logistical people on some projects...and all we ever use is google drive and dropbox, lol. I always find it hilarious when people say one of the critical faults of the iOS devices is their lack of file management systems...it really makes it glaringly obvious who actually uses these things and who doesn't...because, at least from a creative environment, isolated file management within a device is a secondary option now since cloud service management allows for easy project sharing.

But what do we know? We only use these devices in our careers, lol!
    10-02-2015 08:45 PM
    We use the Surface Pro's when I go into the production offices and work with the other logistical people on some projects...and all we ever use is google drive and dropbox, lol. I always find it hilarious when people say one of the critical faults of the iOS devices is their lack of file management systems...it really makes it glaringly obvious who actually uses these things and who doesn't...because, at least from a creative environment, isolated file management within a device is a secondary option now since cloud service management allows for easy project sharing.

My entire workplace runs off Google Drive and Dropbox. Why would we rely on local storage that could fail? And to answer op. Definitely the ipad pro. I have tried surface and the latency issues are a deal breaker for any serious artist. If the ipad pro can't solve the mobile latency issues... Then I will pick none. Which is fine too. Wacom/laptop combo is just fine, though an ipad pro seems like a lot of fun.
    10-02-2015 09:07 PM
    It is pretty much a matter of consensus. Why does Apple have OSX and iOS separated, unless they admit that iOS is unsuitable for the full capabilities of a "real" computer?
    10-02-2015 09:09 PM
    It is pretty much a matter of consensus. Why does Apple have OSX and iOS separated, unless they admit that iOS is unsuitable for the full capabilities of a "real" computer?
    It's more a separation of what makes a mobile tablet device and what makes a full laptop. Why have a "tablet" running osx which to navigate comfortably you would mostly likely prefer a keyboard and some sort of mouse. Add a keyboard and mouse to a tablet and you got yourself a laptop. If you need a full osx experience...buy a laptop.
    10-02-2015 09:25 PM
    I think it's pretty hilarious when people imply that the mobile Apple devices HAVE to run iOS for whatever reason vs. a full "PC" OS (IE: OS X)...especially considering the specs of the iPad Pro compared to some of the machines that ARE running OS X (like the '15 Macbook).
    moaningmyrtle likes this.
    10-02-2015 10:05 PM
    Surface Pro 3 or Pixel C. Only because I an already invested in both ecosystems and buying stuff over on iOS is not something I want to do on top of buying an expensive tablet.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    10-02-2015 11:36 PM
    All Apple for mobile tech, but Macs can't play video games that well, a deal breaker for me.
    10-02-2015 11:43 PM
    I'd like to see how the "real computer" Microshaft Surface benchmarks against the iPad Pro. My money is on the iPad. And what makes a real computer anyway? The OS?
    LOL really? A mobile CPU against an intel i3, i5 or i7? Give me a break. You do know that the Macbook that apparently the ipad pro had a better score in for something is running a mobile cpu right?
    Would be interesting seeing the comparison to the i3 Surface Pro 3 and also the Surface 3 but really, come on dude. Put some logic into this.
    10-03-2015 01:03 AM
    LOL really? A mobile CPU against an intel i3, i5 or i7? Give me a break. You do know that the Macbook that apparently the ipad pro had a better score in for something is running a mobile cpu right?
    Would be interesting seeing the comparison to the i3 Surface Pro 3 and also the Surface 3 but really, come on dude. Put some logic into this.
    If you really want to put some logic in this, you'll understand how silly it is to discredit the performance of the machines just because they're running a mobile chip set. Go look at some of the numbers from the '15 Macbook vs. the i5 MB Airs (or other entry "netbook" style computers with the same i5 processors...we won't even get into i3 setups.

The horsepower is there on the mobile setups regardless of how you want to stereotype them...none of these things are ever going to be juggernaut computers...even the coming Surface Pro is still essentially an entry level setup. You make it quite obvious you don't have much experience with these things on a personal level...and you're just going by the spec drag racing people like to have on internet blogs and forums.
    10-03-2015 02:30 AM
    iOS has no file-management capabilities. Because of this, it will never ever be capable of being a productivity OS. The moment you have to deal with multiple file types and need a content management system, iOS will fall on its face.
    LOL!!! Ever hear of Dropbox?!?!

You know what we use at work? Starts with an i and ends with an e. We store in the cloud.

Nooooo problems....

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Rose Gold 128G iPhone 6s Plus
    10-03-2015 04:29 AM
    This is interesting. I followed this post on both WinCentral and here, and while the replies vary, what can anyone really say? It's both natural and fair that people on each site want to stick to the ecosystem they believe in, I seriously cannot see anything wrong with that. There's also the folks who use multiple platforms, also viable and awesome. I couldn't pass judgement on anyone for their choices, they have to do what works for them, but when you get into flamewars, out comes the p;ssing contest.

For the sake of throwing out two cents, I wouldn't mind an iPad Pro because of it's size and the use I would have for it for making music. There's so many apps I like and have fun with that just don't exist on the desktop. I personally am anti-Google so Android isn't my thing. I do admire the Surface for being a tablet form factor that runs desktop Windows. That makes it an entirely different beast than the others doesn't it? I don't believe it was designed to run 4k modded Skyrim and stuff like that, but to have such a slick form factor with a desktop? That's awesome. Like any of us here who like the tablet form factor wouldn't jump all over an iPad that ran full OS X? I sure as hell would.

To each their own. I just feel bad when flamewars get so intense it's supposed to be as if someone is an inferior human being because they love something someone else thinks is garbage for any x number of reasons. Stay happy folks.
    10-03-2015 10:24 AM
    Nnot interested, my mba, note5 and iphone5 is enough

10-03-2015 03:48 PM
    They should Make the iPad pro with osx, that would be worth the price. This with an apple keyboard docking station, would be great.
    10-03-2015 04:13 PM
    This is interesting. I followed this post on both WinCentral and here, and while the replies vary, what can anyone really say? It's both natural and fair that people on each site want to stick to the ecosystem they believe in, I seriously cannot see anything wrong with that. There's also the folks who use multiple platforms, also viable and awesome. I couldn't pass judgement on anyone for their choices, they have to do what works for them, but when you get into flamewars, out comes the p;ssing contest.

For the sake of throwing out two cents, I wouldn't mind an iPad Pro because of it's size and the use I would have for it for making music. There's so many apps I like and have fun with that just don't exist on the desktop. I personally am anti-Google so Android isn't my thing. I do admire the Surface for being a tablet form factor that runs desktop Windows. That makes it an entirely different beast than the others doesn't it? I don't believe it was designed to run 4k modded Skyrim and stuff like that, but to have such a slick form factor with a desktop? That's awesome. Like any of us here who like the tablet form factor wouldn't jump all over an iPad that ran full OS X? I sure as hell would.

To each their own. I just feel bad when flamewars get so intense it's supposed to be as if someone is an inferior human being because they love something someone else thinks is garbage for any x number of reasons. Stay happy folks.
    Where's the flame war in here? I must be missing it completely...
    10-03-2015 05:33 PM

True that. I have a USB thumb drive that I use only to move a few files between my 2007 iMac running Snow Leopard which I keep offline and pretty much in 2009 and my MBA running El Cap. When I'm going iPhone to MBA it's Dropbox. Same if I were to use a iPad Pro to MBA.
    I would definitely go with the iPad Pro it would be ready for me right out the box. I've never checked out a Surface. I'm sure it's a good device I just wouldn't have use for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-03-2015 05:54 PM
    LOL!!! Ever hear of Dropbox?!?!

You know what we use at work? Starts with an i and ends with an e. We store in the cloud.

Nooooo problems....

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Rose Gold 128G iPhone 6s Plus
    Be gladful to live in a place where internet is fully utilized imagine to share huge document files from iphone to PC or Mac or even android phone with a turtle speed internet connection LOL

10-03-2015 06:22 PM
    At this moment, none. I'm pretty satisfied with my current devices. As much as I am interested in the iPad Pro, I'll pass until Apple can implement a proper cursor control. I understand that, right now, I would have to lift my hands from the keyboard and touch the screen to move the cursor in, for example, this text I'm editing and this is certainly not good.

The Surfaces are interesting but Windows, and to a certain extant OSX, seems to be walking to obsolescence. Although there are some important applications that need them, most of their use is for running legacy apps.
    10-03-2015 09:27 PM
    Funny story. About 3 months ago I was looking to get a laptop to replace my aging desktop. I already had an iPad 4 and iPhone.

I was looking really hard at the Surface Pro 3's looking at both the laptop and mobility of a tablet aspect. Then I realized that for the price of an SP3 with the specs I wanted, I could buy a refurbished 15" MacBook Pro at the same price. I decided that screen size and horsepower won out and went with the MBP, a 12" screen is just too small to be my primary computer (secondary, maybe, if I had that kind of cash).

So, um, my answer is "neither, get a real laptop" :P
    10-03-2015 09:31 PM
    No brainer, the Surface is a computer, the iPad Pro is a tablet wannabe computer
    10-03-2015 10:04 PM
    No brainer, the Surface is a computer, the iPad Pro is a tablet wannabe computer
    But that's the problem. The surface IS a computer. And it IS a tablet. The problem is it is a subpar computer for the price and a subpar tablet overall. Hopefully the ipad pro will be a very good tablet and not try to be both poorly.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-04-2015 12:00 AM
    My first choice would be the Pixel C, since I'd prefer the smaller size. My second choice would be the iPad Pro. If size of both devices was the same, it'd be a toss-up. Either iOS or Android would provide an excellent touch based experience without a keyboard or stylus.

I wouldn't get a Surface Pro 3, since Windows is not a good experience on a tablet using touch without using a keyboard. Windows is great as a desktop OS, but it is not touch friendly.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
    10-04-2015 02:55 AM
    How about all three? Ha!

I think I could get by reasonably well with any of them, but if I had to pick one, probably the Surface.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-04-2015 03:23 AM
75 123