Why don't Live Photos animate in the camera roll?

I

iMore Question

Live Photos won't animate in camera roll

My Live Photos work just fine when hard pressing them but when looking through photos in the camera roll they don't animate for a second like they are supposed to when swiping through the camera roll.

Boaz0124

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Live Photos won't animate in camera roll

I'm on 9.01. Also, I did a restore from backup from my 6 plus when setting up my 6s. I'm hoping I can find a way to get the feature working again without having to do a reset and start from scratch.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site

Hmm. That's weird. Wish I could try and troubleshoot but I haven't received mine yet lol

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

They don't animate when swiping, if that's what you're asking? Or am I misunderstanding you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site

From what I've seen, they do animate when swiping. What I was saying was I didn't receive my 6s plus yet so I can't actually see for myself and test anything out yet. Lol

Boaz0124

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the replies. I guess that's what I'm trying to figure out. Apples site shows them as animating for a second when swiping through the camera roll but since it wasn't happening I was checking with others that have the phone to see if it's a glitch on my end.

vanastie

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site

Mine doesn't work either. I'm on ios 9.0.1. You are not alone. I was trying to figure it out but couldn't.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Live Photos won't animate in camera roll

Do you have live photos enabled? The center icon at the top should be yellow.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443478486.924142.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Boaz0124

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site

Yes it's enabled. I believe Apple released something about their apps not properly recognizing which phone it's running on. That's my guess on why it's not working correctly since I loaded this from a backup on the 6 plus. I bet if I wiped and set up as new it would fix itself but I'll just wait for Apple to address this on their next update. Starting over from scratch is such a pain.

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site

Glad I'm not the only one! This is driving me nuts! I've restored twice and earlier today I updated to 9.1 beta 2 with no luck. It is extremely frustrating and I feel like I'm being short changed on features. I sure hope this gets fixed ASAP.

Boaz0124

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Someone found a fix for me and it worked.

Turn off Reduce Motion and the live photos will be moving in the camera roll.
Settings > Accessibility > Reduce Motion

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site

I really wish Apple automatically adds the Live Photos in their own folder. It's hard to tell which are Live Photos.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Someone found a fix for me and it worked.

Turn off Reduce Motion and the live photos will be moving in the camera roll.
Settings > Accessibility > Reduce Motion

What about people with iCloud photos set to On and don't have Camera Roll?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I don't care for the animations on screen, so I keep reduce motion on. But I tried the live photos both ways, and they work either way for me.

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site

Son of a B! Reduce Motion sure as heck fixed it. They definitely need to implement two separate switches for that. One for Home screen motion and one for camera roll motion.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Son of a B! Reduce Motion sure as heck fixed it. They definitely need to implement two separate switches for that. One for Home screen motion and one for camera roll motion.

What's odd is not all phones are that way. The live photos on the camera roll of my 6s Plus work fine with reduce motion on or off.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2