Apple Movie (similar to Apple Music)

mphillips828

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
So not sure if this has been asked or talked about but I have been loving Apple Music and definitely purchasing it once my trial is done.

I was wondering what the odds of Apple doing the same business methods with movies? I know music is going mainly to free streaming and subscription streaming. Movies aren't there yet but is very close with Netflix and, shomi in Canada and craveTV.

I am in Canada and I know you can buy movies and rent from iTunes, but I love streaming Netflix and music, and would love to have free range of all Apple iTunes movies just like music. Would be a game changer for me and many people I know. I'd gladly pay $14.99 a month or more to have full streaming access to all of iTunes! Movies and even tv shows.

Is this possible? Would Apple ever do this? Does anyone else want this?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The way TV is watched is changing with the new AppleTV and a still rumored AppleTV service... we'll see where things go.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I bet they introduce something like that soon...but I think the hang up for Apple would be the monumental task of taking on something like Netflix. With Apple Radio, you are taking on Pandora, Spotify and the like...those are the equivalent to Hulu or Amazon Prime...Netflix is an overshadowing colossus of a service, and I doubt Apple could ever really compete in that regard.

I'm sure the service could find a nice niche of user though...especially if they landed a big show or series. I was of the opinion that Apple would have made an absolute killing by nabbing the former Top Gear presenters for their new show, but I think that contract was out of Apple's league, all things considered.

mphillips828

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Netflix would be a major company to overcome, but Apple has SO many users locked in to iTunes. Of course netflix would be tough for them, but I really believe Apple would have a major step up over Netflix because of their offerings.

Netflix takes movies off, and doesn't have every movie.

Imagine Apple iTunes which has access to all movies (new and old)...they get brand new movies once they are released to purchase whereas Netflix doesn't get the newest movies. People would pay a bit more to have access to all the brand new movies and not have to wait for content to be updated. Same goes for TV shows, iTunes has everything.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Netflix would be a major company to overcome, but Apple has SO many users locked in to iTunes. Of course netflix would be tough for them, but I really believe Apple would have a major step up over Netflix because of their offerings.

Netflix takes movies off, and doesn't have every movie.

Imagine Apple iTunes which has access to all movies (new and old)...they get brand new movies once they are released to purchase whereas Netflix doesn't get the newest movies. People would pay a bit more to have access to all the brand new movies and not have to wait for content to be updated. Same goes for TV shows, iTunes has everything.

I don't think it would be cost effective for Apple to pay licensing fees to stream those new releases...that's primarily the reason why you don't see it on Netflix, they take quite a while to get the most recent movies, and they lose out bidding wars to the pay channels like HBO, Cinemax and Stars to many of the releases.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2