After updatng my phone to ios 9 i clicked to enable my location and it took me to the slide to upgrade screen and when i slide the screen and it takes me to the password screen and then i put in my password and it takes me to the slide to upgrade screen over and over agian. HELPP
    09-18-2015 04:48 PM
    The same thing happened to me this morning, so far I have had more success when I plug my Iphone into the computer as soon as I restart it. Itunes seems to be able to read the information on the phone when the screen is in the 'hello' section, rather than when it wont let you swipe. I hope this helps.
    I then restore the iphone through itunes
    09-19-2015 01:08 AM
    After I had done the update for ios9 I had clicked on 'enable location services' and the screen went white and said 'slide to upgrade but it won't let me slide the screen across and I'm worried something has happened to my phone because of the update
    ‘Slide to Upgrade’ hanging ... here’s the solution:

Apple’s fix isn’t convenient, it involves connecting your device via cable to a computer, but at least it works:

Connect your iPhone or iPad to a computer. Open iTunes.

Choose your device in the iTunes window. You may have to force restart (hold power and home button for several seconds) to reboot the iOS device. This should make it show up in iTunes as usual.

Restore from a backup made before iOS 9. If you haven’t got a recent backup, make a backup now and then restore from that.

Although backing up and immediately restoring to that same ‘buggy’ backup seems redundant, it actually flushes out the weirdness and when the phone boots again it will be able to complete the upgrade.
    09-19-2015 01:16 AM
    did your data get erased after restoring as you said ?
    09-19-2015 10:40 AM
    I have same phone and same problem! Sooooooooo frustrating! Is Apple working on a solution or are they just hoping we'll break down and fork over more $$$ for a new phone? Am so ticked off that I might stop buying Apple products. Sigh.
    09-20-2015 02:51 PM
    Tried to make an emergency backup in itunes and in icloud but neither will make a backup (message reads: unable to make backup because your phone is not yet set up)....how do I get around this message? Not obvious to me. Any words of wisdom appreciated!
    09-20-2015 02:54 PM
    did your data get erased after restoring as you said ?
    If the person restored the device then yes, the data was erased. If the person restored from a backup afterwards, the data was recovered.
    09-20-2015 04:01 PM
    Tried to make an emergency backup in itunes and in icloud but neither will make a backup (message reads: unable to make backup because your phone is not yet set up)....how do I get around this message? Not obvious to me. Any words of wisdom appreciated!
    How are you going to make a backup if the phone isn't set up yet? Set up the phone first and then make your backup.
    09-20-2015 04:03 PM
    iTunes & iCloud have determined my phone to be "not yet set up" because i am stuck in the middle of the ios9 upgrade, frozen at "slide to upgrade" so how can you make a backup when the program won't let you?

Neither program would recognize my phone as the same phone it had backed up on previous occasions. Trying not to lose data since backup earlier this year. Guess I will have to go to Apple Store and consult a "genius"...
    09-21-2015 11:59 AM
    I saw this headlined in Google News a couple of days ago, and is quite a common problem, especially for those who went from iOS 7 to iOS9, skipping 8. I don't know the fix though.
    09-22-2015 02:30 PM
    There hasn't been any solutions that doesn't involve wiping your phone, I didn't back mine up either and losing 2 months of family trip photos and friend's number and conversations isn't an ideal solution.
    Why I upload photos and videos to Box and Dropbox. Never know what might happen.
    09-22-2015 03:13 PM
    09-22-2015 03:15 PM
    first one trying to force restart

otherwise https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT205239

hope this will helping you better
    09-23-2015 05:34 AM
63 123