Question about iphone upgrade program

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So how does this work with my existing plan with att? Is this entirely separate and I need to leave my plan at att and do this instead? Or can I keep my plan at att and instead of paying att for a phone I'm just paying Apple?

I'm asking because I'm under my parents family plan and I'd rather not lose that.

mjsavage

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
So how does this work with my existing plan with att? Is this entirely separate and I need to leave my plan at att and do this instead? Or can I keep my plan at att and instead of paying att for a phone I'm just paying Apple?

I'm asking because I'm under my parents family plan and I'd rather not lose that.

From my understanding it is just like bringing your own phone. So if you still have an old 2 year contract that is in effect. All pricing and everything will be the same. You will just be paying Apple monthly for phone vs the carrier. Then in a year can give back to Apple and start over or keep and keep paying.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
From my understanding it is just like bringing your own phone. So if you still have an old 2 year contract that is in effect. All pricing and everything will be the same. You will just be paying Apple monthly for phone vs the carrier. Then in a year can give back to Apple and start over or keep and keep paying.

I'm on a att next plan, not regular 2 year. Thsys why I'm wondering if I can still keep my line with att

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm still doing the math to see if it's better than what att is doing. Having the phone be unlocked and having Apple care is a plus, but I plan on having this phone for two years, not one.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If you already have the NEXT plan, I can't really see how you would benefit from also having the Apple Upgrade plan (especially if you're sticking with AT&T anyways). This Apple Upgrade plan only seems relevant to people who are not under a contract but do not want to foot the big up front cost of a new device that is out of contract, and may switch carriers.

I'll be totally honest, I heavily considered getting a subsidized device this go 'round because I don't plan to leave AT&T as I'm very happy with their service. The only thing that stopped me was the fact that me and my wife might be moving temporarily to California next spring for her work, so we might have to change carriers if AT&T isn't as strong a service out there vs. here...otherwise I'd take the cheaper contracted cost for this new phone and save some cash since I'm not going anywhere anyways.

Logic tells me that if you're with AT&T NEXT right now already, it will be cheaper for you to just stick with them over the period of time...instead of either paying for two upgrade plans (NEXT and Apple Upgrade) or paying off your NEXT device outright and keeping the other.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm still doing the math to see if it's better than what att is doing. Having the phone be unlocked and having Apple care is a plus, but I plan on having this phone for two years, not one.

Are you trying to go through Apple to get the new iPhone while still paying on the G4? That's kind of what it sounds like you are hinting at.

I wonder, it just says you have to activate the device with a carrier, doesn't say it has to stay activated? Hmm...

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Are you trying to go through Apple to get the new iPhone while still paying on the G4? That's kind of what it sounds like you are hinting at.

I wonder, it just says you have to activate the device with a carrier, doesn't say it has to stay activated? Hmm...

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.

No. I was just saying after I pay off the g4 and I get another upgrade again I'm wondering if it's best to go with att again or Apple.

vignesh m5

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Apple's plan mimics similar deals offered by the four major wireless operators, which are ditching two-year service contracts with heavily subsidized devices. Instead they're offering plans that require customers to pay full price for a phone in exchange for lower service fees. T-Mobile started the no-contract trend two years ago and Verizon is the latest to follow suit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro