I know third party keyboards fail to pop up and switch back to stock a lot. On iOS 8 that is. Here's the thing, I've stated a few times it was actually Apple's code that was buggy. That has been confirmed from another source and with the iOS 9 GM update I'm running. Third party keyboards work fantastically....until you hit multiple text boxes. Then it will still switch back to stock. I'm sure Apple will fix this soon too. How about some questions for curiosities sake?

1. What third party keyboard/s were you using?
    2. Will you give them a second chance when iOS 9 is official?
    3. What do you think can still be improved for third party keyboards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-11-2015 05:52 PM
    I was using swiftkey and then better swype keyboard I believe it's called that both were buggy for me especially with swiftkey sometimes when i would put a password or something secret like that online while writing it would not expect it only when I would use the stock keyboard so I gave up but I've been hearing a lot that iOS 9 has been a step up and I'm on 9.1 now so just might give t another chance
    09-11-2015 05:57 PM
    I love Swype. I never have a problem with it honestly. On iOS PB 9.1, I've had almost no issues at all.

1) Swype. Used SwiftKey and Path Input, SwiftKey kept turning large words into a sequence of smaller ones. Path Input was almost as good as Swype except it capitalized regular words like "At" too frequently.

2) I'm giving it a chance, I'm just happy Swype was fixed as it was broken in the very last PB of 9.

3) So far I can't really see any improvements necessary at this time for me. I'm okay with the Apple keyboard being needed for passwords.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk.
    09-11-2015 06:29 PM
    I don't bother with third party keyboards on iOS or Android. I'd like to have the ability to swipe type on my iPhone and iPad, but Apple has the best autocorrect and keyboard layout, IMO.
    09-11-2015 08:27 PM
    I don't bother with third party keyboards on iOS or Android. I'd like to have the ability to swipe type on my iPhone and iPad, but Apple has the best autocorrect and keyboard layout, IMO.
    Have you tried SwiftKey? It adapts to how your fingers hit the keys and has one of the best word prediction algorithms, it also a swiping feature.

09-11-2015 09:10 PM
    I've been using SwiftKey since it went on sale in the App Store. It's been much better since iOS 8.4. There's still an issue with the keyboard vanishing at times. But it's infrequent. I have more issues with the stock keyboard. I'm currently on the SwiftKey beta. Many would like to see a row of numbers. That's no issue with me. If they continue to improve, I'll be happy. They're getting there.
    09-11-2015 09:14 PM
    I've been using SwiftKey since it went on sale in the App Store. It's been much better since iOS 8.4. There's still an issue with the keyboard vanishing at times. But it's infrequent. I have more issues with the stock keyboard. I'm currently on the SwiftKey beta. Many would like to see a row of numbers. That's no issue with me. If they continue to improve, I'll be happy. They're getting there.
    I am also now running the beta. It's a little buggier than the official version right now but that'll change soon.

09-11-2015 09:18 PM
    Have you tried SwiftKey? It adapts to how your fingers hit the keys and has one of the best word prediction algorithms, it also a swiping feature.

Yeah, but I absolutely hate the layout. If SwiftKey had the same keyboard layout as the iPhone's stock keyboard, I would most likely be using it as my main keyboard.
    09-11-2015 09:38 PM
    Yeah, but I absolutely hate the layout. If SwiftKey had the same keyboard layout as the iPhone's stock keyboard, I would most likely be using it as my main keyboard.
    Fair enough.

09-11-2015 09:45 PM
    Try Path Input. It looks almost exactly like the stock keyboard. Even changes from light to dark depending on background (You can also keep it light/dark all the time if you want). Only thing is of course, no voice text.
    09-12-2015 06:12 PM
    Try Path Input. It looks almost exactly like the stock keyboard. Even changes from light to dark depending on background (You can also keep it light/dark all the time if you want). Only thing is of course, no voice text.
    I use dictation too much. Why can't anyone just make a perfect keyboard?

Thanks, though.
    09-13-2015 11:25 AM
    Liked SwiftKey on Android but crashed too much on 8.4. I like Swype but the fact that it doesn't have multiple language input at the same time makes it a no go for me.
    After installing 9.1b I had high hopes for SwiftKey. But after few hours it disappeared when I had to type in some app. Now giving it another chance.
    09-13-2015 01:22 PM
    Liked SwiftKey on Android but crashed too much on 8.4. I like Swype but the fact that it doesn't have multiple language input at the same time makes it a no go for me.
    After installing 9.1b I had high hopes for SwiftKey. But after few hours it disappeared when I had to type in some app. Now giving it another chance.
    Sometimes after installing or updating you have to enable SwiftKey again, and also sometimes you need to manually select it again for iOS to remember it. Most of those issues are Apple's and not SwiftKey's.
    Last edited by metllicamilitia; 09-13-2015 at 04:02 PM. Reason: addition
    09-13-2015 04:02 PM
    Yeah, waiting for Apple to resolve the problem.🙃
    09-14-2015 01:45 AM