Apple had never done the pre-release on the Jewish Shabbat. Now millions of practicing Jews CANNOT pre-order the new iPhone on it's release date because it is being released on the Shabbat.

Are the Jews out of luck or is there any way that Apple will give a religious accommodation to practicing Jews?
    09-09-2015 08:38 PM
    I'm guessing that Apple thought pre-orders on 9/11 would offend far more people than Shabbat. However, I understand this is a frustrating issue for you.
    09-09-2015 09:13 PM
    I don't believe they are anti-Semitic. But I do understand your frustration.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-09-2015 09:15 PM
    Oh for Pete's sakes...
    It's always going to be a bad day for "some" group, be it religious or else.
    I seriously doubt Apple had a meeting to discuss "Let's screw over the Jews" strategies, come on, now.
    Most likely, this was purely a business decision that had to do with profit and convenience, plain and simple.
    The persecution complex has got to stop.
    09-09-2015 09:28 PM
    Apple had never done the pre-release on the Jewish Shabbat. Now millions of practicing Jews CANNOT pre-order the new iPhone on it's release date because it is being released on the Shabbat.

Are the Jews out of luck or is there any way that Apple will give a religious accommodation to practicing Jews?
    It's a conspiracy. Steve would never have done this. Apple is doomed.
    Evilguppy and msm0511 like this.
    09-09-2015 09:32 PM
    Oh for Pete's sakes...
    It's always going to be a bad day for "some" group, be it religious or else.
    I seriously doubt Apple had a meeting to discuss "Let's screw over the Jews" strategies, come on, now.
    Most likely, this was purely a business decision that had to do with profit and convenience, plain and simple.
    The persecution complex has got to stop.
    I hear ya but I can understand the frustration. Being Jewish myself (I don't observe the sabbath) I would be really bummed if I couldn't order the phone. Do I think Apple did it on purpose? No I don't. Do I think it kinda stinks that someone can't order on launch day due to a religious observance? Yeah

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    beeray likes this.
    09-09-2015 09:58 PM
    LOL!

I've heard it all today...this season is really bringing out the winners!
    msm0511 and BreakingKayfabe like this.
    09-09-2015 10:17 PM

If you're offended, don't buy the phone. End of story!
    iphoneV likes this.
    09-09-2015 10:23 PM
    I very much doubt that it was a slight against anyone. Others have proposed reasonable scenarios above.

In my family if we were giving something up for a holiday going without was the whole point. I am sure it's not the same situation exactly with your Friday night but observing is a choice. I would think that missing out is the whole point.
    09-09-2015 10:24 PM
    I thought the keynote and the pre-order were pushed back one day each because Monday was a holiday in the U.S. (Labor Day).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    09-13-2015 11:56 AM
    1. Anti-Semitic? I highly doubt it.
    2. Might it be an inconvenience to those who observe Shabbat? Sure.
    3. Is missing out on ordering an iPhone on the pre-order date preventing them from ordering the next day? I doubt it.
    4. Is this the first time this has happened? I don't know.
    09-13-2015 12:08 PM
    I thought the keynote and the pre-order were pushed back one day each because Monday was a holiday in the U.S. (Labor Day).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Indirectly, yeah, probably. When the keynote is on Tuesday (as is usually is), then preorders go at midnight Thursday. Because the keynote was Wednesday, preorder got pushed back a day. There was also speculation that 9/11 factored in to the decision, but no confirmation.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.
    09-13-2015 12:38 PM
    Um. Haven't they always released iPhones or pre-orders around this time?

I'm not complaining. It was literally pre-order day on my birthday. It's why I jumped the gun. Even had someone buy my 4s and 6 magically on the 11th too.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk.
    09-13-2015 06:21 PM
    Um. Haven't they always released iPhones or pre-orders around this time?

I'm not complaining. It was literally pre-order day on my birthday. It's why I jumped the gun. Even had someone buy my 4s and 6 magically on the 11th too.

The iPhones were released in June or July until the iPhone 4S in 2011. The iPhone 4S was released in October. Since 2012 (iPhone 5), they've been released in September.
    09-13-2015 06:39 PM
    The iPhones were released in June or July until the iPhone 4S in 2011. The iPhone 4S was released in October. Since 2012 (iPhone 5), they've been released in September.
    Oh okay. I started buying them with the 5c. Thank you for this info!

09-13-2015 06:50 PM
    Why hasn't this thread been closed already?
    09-13-2015 07:07 PM
    Why hasn't this thread been closed already?
    You're right... I think it's been covered, and to avoid the thread becoming an ordure magnet...closed.
    CK#CB likes this.
    09-13-2015 08:02 PM