So for the first time in 5 years I have new prescription lenses for my glasses and for the first time in 7 years in have new frames. Yes that's the preface for this post. The optometrist told me he could still correct my vision to 20/20, that's good news considering I've been wearing glasses for ten years now and my eyes are adopted new things to correct, like astigmatism, which affects your eyes light filtering process and makes it hard to bring things into focus. I actually bought two new sets this time around, one safety rated pair for work, and one for outside of work. I just received the outside of work pair today (I received the work pair yesterday), so while I'm still adjusting to the new prescription I have noticed something.

With the clarity of 20/20 corrected vision and proper light processing, Apple's new program of thinner fonts and more saturation looks really great. The only problem is that only looks really great if your eyes are good or can still be corrected to good. While I understand Apple wanting to change things and make things look nice at the software level too, I feel like they really dropped the ball on this one by dismissing anyone who can't see with great clarity. Yes there are options to make it better, but we as customers shouldn't have to immediately get into the options to set up the picture in a way we can see it clearly. I may be stopping mid thought here, but it's been a long day and I still have a three hour drive tonight. Any thoughts on the matter still?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-28-2015 04:37 PM
    I hope you adjust well! I ordered new glasses for the first time in 15 years a couple weeks ago. They said 7 to 10 days. I called and she checked and said they had to send it to another lab because of the strength. So I should get them by the 31st. I hope they make a difference in reading all the tiny print and the low contrast that's so popular. Man I hate that low contrast 8S. Some sites are just not readable. Upgrading to the 5.5" screen will help. I have a lot of eye problems.
    08-28-2015 04:50 PM
    I always adjust pretty quickly. From my experience you'll notice a drastic difference in how iOS looks when you're new glasses get in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-28-2015 05:36 PM