Where is the iPhoto or new Photo for OX on new operating system?

I

iMore Question

cannot find iPhoto or new Photo for OX on new operating system

Recently my internal HD on my MacBookPro ( mid 2009) died and I had not backed up in months ( my bad). I purchased an external 1TB drive and a friend helped my by installing an operating system on this drive and he migrated a backup of my personal stuff but I cannot find a Photo or iPhoto on this system, therefore I don't know how to migrate my old photo library.
Can anyone indicate what my process might be?? Thank you in advance
Luisa

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: cannot find iPhoto or new Photo for OX on new operating system

1. If the hard drive crashed and is no longer functional, how was your friend able to migrate a backup of your personal stuff onto the new external drive?

2. If the photos were not a part of the migrated personal data then there is no way to import them or migrate them.

3. Did you have iCloud Photo Library enabled prior to the old hard drive failing? If so, sign out of iCloud, reboot your computer, and then reconfigure it with iCloud and make sure iCloud Photo Library is enabled. Your photos, if available on iCloud, should sync to your computer.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: cannot find iPhoto or new Photo for OX on new operating system

Just FYI, photos are not synced to your computer during backup...this is a function you must tell your phone/computer to do outside of generally backing up your phone. If you never set your phone to back up your photos, there won't be any photo information on your computer aside from the photos you actually saved manually to your computer directly (and where those are is anyone's guess, as you have control over where files are saved/DL'ed...by default I believe they go to the "downloads" or "documents").

If you did setup a photo sync...depending on what OS you were using on your machine, you could find photos in Image Capture, iPhoto or the newest iteration "Photos".

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal