Hi,

My storage is low on my iphone 5s and my email app is the highest contributor to this issue.

I have 2 email accounts synced with my phone, and am aware of the usual instructions on how to reduce the # of days an email account is synced. My exchange account has been synched to only 1 day of emails by taking the following path: Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> Exchange -> Mail days to sync -> update to 1 day.

However, when I take the same steps with my gmail account I am not provided with the option to choose the number of mail days to sync. How do i make this option appear? or is there an alternative way to reduce the memory storage of the mail app with a gmail account on my iphone 5s?

Thanks,
    08-20-2015 08:48 AM
  2. kch50428 said: Best Answer

Gmail doesn't support the "mail days to sync" function...

If you're having space issues - the most likely culprits are Pictures, Videos, Music, and podcasts you may have saved. Look into those to free up device space.
    Gmail doesn't support the "mail days to sync" function...

If you're having space issues - the most likely culprits are Pictures, Videos, Music, and podcasts you may have saved. Look into those to free up device space.
    08-20-2015 10:02 AM
    *shakes fist at gmail*

Thanks very much for the info. I will definitely look at reducing the storage on the apps you recommended - 'Mail' will just have to remain the highest contributor to my storage woes!

Thanks!
    08-21-2015 09:40 AM