I am just going to say it, because I haven't seen anyone write it or heard anyone say it. Force touch seems like what blackberry used to use on the storm series( I forget what they called it). I remember Apple fanboys talking mad **** about this feature. I guess blackberry was just a little to ambitious and didn't put enough work in. I never owned a storm. I will also say it so everyone knows I am not a troll, I am entrenched in the apple ecosystem with an iPad mini2, a MacBook Pro, a retina MacBook, an iPhone 6, an iPhone 6plus, and an old iPod nano. We love apple products. I just wanted to remind everyone about this, you know keeping it real😃
    blackmagicwoman and donemt like this.
    08-14-2015 07:56 PM
    I too was wondering how it works and from whence it came. Thanks for helping me to understand the concept.
    donemt likes this.
    08-14-2015 08:02 PM
    The force touch won't push the screen. A simple tap will still be a tap. A harder press that doesn't move the screen will be a force touch. The storm screen pushed in. And it was the equivalent of a touch on iphone for function. The force touch will be for extra functions in context to what is on screen - extra convenience options. iOS will not require it as plenty of iPhones won't have force touch. Hope that helps.
    08-14-2015 08:10 PM
    Ok, I see the difference. The vibration on the storm was on every touch no matter the pressure, and there weren't any additional options when you press harder. So blackberry had a good idea, they just didn't know what they had and therefore where not able to implement it the way Apple has done. I have to say I like the force touch on my MacBook. It feels the same everywhere on the trackpad. It certainly has future potential.
    08-14-2015 09:05 PM
    While yes, your observation is technically accurate, it's incredibly over generalized. It'd be like saying the Ferrari Enzo's motor is the same concept as the model T's. Not really keeping anything real, more like offering an overly simplified point of view. It's all good though, if you feel like Blackberry deserves some recognition, knock yourself out...none of this stuff is "unique" anymore.
    blackmagicwoman and donemt like this.
    08-14-2015 10:42 PM
    Surepress on the Storm was to give the feeling of pressing real keys. Force Touch is about accessing feature options based on my experience with the Apple Watch.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    qbnkelt likes this.
    08-14-2015 11:47 PM
    Actually, wasn't force touch first used
    ....A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....
    There was this young rebel pilot by the name of Luke Skywalker flying his X-Wing vehicle down the trench to this enormous space battle station / super weapon - The Death Star in an attempt to destroy it before it could reach his base and attack. Now Luke wasn't having any luck with his Android device... R2-D2... Or his onboard computer - in trying to accurately target a small area of vulnerability of said space battle station, when he heard the disembodied voice of his recently deceased master, Obi-Wan Kenobi, telling him to....
    'Use the Force Touch, Luke'
    ....One long press, haptic feedback later and the rest as they say was history.... The Death Star was accurately targeted by Luke, he fired his weapons, and the space battle station was destroyed - just before it could reach his base to attack.
    Although, this may not be quite how it happened in the original version, but instead it was / will be in the Disney Extra, Extra Special Edition.
    DarkKnight08 and maritai like this.
    08-15-2015 04:57 AM
    Point taken. Completely different concept between the two. I do like force touch and would not mind it at all on my iPhone.
    08-15-2015 05:47 PM
    So blackberry had a good idea, they just didn't know what they had and therefore where not able to implement it the way Apple has done.
    Which is the way with BlackBerry. A company can have great ideas but if that company fails to implement or to capture the public, it's a failed or unrealised idea.

It's like having a member in a team who has great ideas but can't bring them to fruition. Useless without a closer.
    08-16-2015 06:52 AM
    That's the real clincher in the consumer products industry...you can have grand ideas all day, and you can even implement them in some way so people can use it...but until you have something people actually WANT to use regularly and want to share their experience with other people, you aint got sh*t.

This is one of the reasons why people love to hate on Apple so much. Apple loves to to make people feel excited about what the iPhone CAN do. They like to make people feel passionate about what they do with the device in so many different ways...and it works, dramatically, year after year. You can turn your nose up at Apple being slow to the game with the latest and greatest features...but you cannot deny that when those features hit the iPhone, they become MUST haves for the majority of the consumer market. They do this EVERY time they introduce a new feature on the iPhone...doesn't matter if that feature has been around for 5 years, when it is put on the iPhone, it becomes industry standard.
    qbnkelt and donemt like this.
    08-16-2015 11:21 PM
    The Blackberry Storm. How crazy and more popular those users made Crackberry. Those were some of the best times ever.
    donemt likes this.
    08-17-2015 02:01 PM
    I agree. I don't see a whole lot of traffic on imore. Crack berry was always rockin. I guess blackberry a had a whole lot more problems since that is why normal people usually use the forums??? I loved my blackberry years ago. I think I might try a blackberry again if it had a different os. Am not a huge fan of the blackberry operating system. I would use an android blackberry bold..... But would probably come back to iPhone anyway.
    08-18-2015 12:58 PM