Can I get some help getting my iPad to restore?

I

iMore Question

I cannot get my Ipad to restore

Very suddenly, my ipad kept throwing up a log in box requesting me to log into Icloud. This happens every 3-5 seconds.
I have tried to delete the account and tried to reset the settings, but all failed. I lastly tried to restore it via ITunes. I held the power and home button and then ITunes picked it up and let me click restore...it went to the apple site and started downloading the upgrade...this all with the ipad plugged in. However after about 10-15 minutes, the Ipad started beeping... I disconnected and started again, but the same thing happens... what could be wrong??

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: I cannot get my Ipad to restore

Nothing. If you're not entering in the correct iCloud credentials you are not going to be able to use the iPad no matter what you do.

Atlantic Gooner

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
I understand that. I have the right creds, but I don't have an internet connection and cannot set up one as every time I try to log in, the Icloud box pops up and I lose the process.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I understand that. I have the right creds, but I don't have an internet connection and cannot set up one as every time I try to log in, the Icloud box pops up and I lose the process.

You are going to need an Internet connection in order for Apple to activate the device and validate your iCloud credentials. With that in mind, if you do not have an .ipsw file on your computer to reinstall iOS, you're going to need that Internet connection. If you do have an .ipsw file on your computer then put the device in recovery mode and restore your device via iTunes. If you failed to deactivate the iCloud activation lock by disabling the Find My iPhone option in the iCloud settings, you will have to disable it via the iCloud website, but being that you do not have an Internet connection, you will not be able to have a functioning device.

Atlantic Gooner

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your support... Here is where I am at. The ipad does not have an internet connection and because the Icloud box keeps jumping up, it prevents me from making the connection as each time I try to enter details the box comes up and my attempted connection disappears. I have tried the recovery mode and the restoration... another attempt just failed. When I put it in recovery mode it got about a quarter of the way through downloading the software update and then the Ipad just seems to boot up.... the software is still downloading...is this normal??
I can log into Icloud at icloud.com, so I have the right credentials. what is the reason that the log in box keeps popping up on my ipad...like every 3 seconds...I could get around that I would be able to create the internet connection.

Thanks

Derek

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Sounds to me like the device is trying to sign into a different Apple ID because of some content that is located in the backup you're attempting to use. Did you download apps or have photos in the backup you're trying to use that were associated with a different account? If so, you'll need that sign in information as well, or you'll need to just start over new and sync apps from your own personal Apple ID in iTunes.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234