Close tabs on the right on Desktop Safari

omakad

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Only reason I use Chrome over Safari even though it's a total resources hog is the feature that allows to close all tabs on the right. Because of my workflow I can't live without this feature. Does anyone knows any reliable Safari add ons that would allow for this feature on Safari? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tuckerDre

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Only reason I use Chrome over Safari even though it's a total resources hog is the feature that allows to close all tabs on the right. Because of my workflow I can't live without this feature. Does anyone knows any reliable Safari add ons that would allow for this feature on Safari? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have to point out that a fix for battery and ram hog is coming on Chrome 44 and 45.
in chrome 44 flash will be auto disabled to save battery cultofmac.com/325125/chrome-update-will-stop-flash-from-killing-your-battery/

I am already seeing the difference. previously 6 hrs now i get ~8 hrs
with chrome 45 more fix are coming mashable.com/2015/06/15/google-chrome-battery-macs/

unfortunately imore just like to show only the bad side of competitors

omakad

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
It's not just the battery life. As I own all Apple devices using Safari would have other benefits but I really need "close all tabs to the right" feature. I'm surprised that there are no add ons to add this functionality in safari. I don't think that iMore is preaching anything that isn't true. Chrome is a great browser but it's using a lot of ram, cpu and power in general. On the flip side you get a lot of benefits as the one where the each tab is separate process. Which is great if you have 100 tabs open and one crashes. Rather then loosing all of them you just loose that one. That is a good trade off for battery life especially if you are on the desktop where this isn't an issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234