Am I the only one who thinks that  music app is a disgrace?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
English 101 refresher....

1. Your - this is used to show something that belongs. Example: It is 'your' responsibility to get 'your' work done on time.

2. You're - This is the same as saying "you are". Example: 'You're' the one I want to take to the prom. 'Your' is not the same as 'you're'.

3. Their - Like 'your', 'their' indicates that that belongs. Example: 'Their' house is not painted the same color as ours.

4. They're - 'They're' is the same as saying 'they are'. Example: If we don't hurry, 'they're' going to get there before we do.

5. There - 'There' indicates a place or a means to get something. Example: Is 'there' a way to fix my iPhone? Example 2: How am I suppose to get 'there' without instructions?

By the way, was this post meant for me? A friend pointed out it was actually meant for me 😐

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I only have 1 thing to say as of now. I remember Apple maps being trashy, it wasn't a disgrace, but it was bad. Now it's just as good as google maps. If you give something time it will evolve. Apple Music came out less than a month ago.

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I believe Apple Music will improve too to be on par with the others. Apple Maps data has come a long way. There are features in Maps that Google Maps doesn't have and there are features in Google Maps that Maps doesn't have. It's great that we have choices.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Wouldn't call it a disgrace, a few bugs need fixed. Other than that, i really enjoy using it

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

omakad

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Crankerchick offered helpful information and constructive criticism and her main goal was not to be right or prove me wrong based on opinions. This post was about opinions and preferences and nothing else. Thank you crankerchick. As I have switched back to Spotify Apple Music is a non issue for me at this point. I may or may not try it in the future when issues that bother me are resolved.

Unrelated, SeanHRCC and Tartarus as mods with over 10,000 posts on this forum I'm scratching my head how are you still part of iMore forum moderation. You have clearly helped thosands of people and I hope all 10k in comments were not childish ramblings of who's right and who's wrong and who wrote what and if you had liked it or not personally or their choice of words or grammar.

The fact that your goal is to be right says everything to me. Now I really hope, that I'm dead wrong and that you two are actually two helpful gents and that this is one off, but i'm not sure at this point.

I will forgive you if you are both in your teens or early 20's and you have something to prove. There is no reason for a grown mature person to be right over a total strangers online. I see your input as a reason why the internet is such a hostile environment for many.

You have people that want to be right, and then you have those that don't want to argue with complete strangers or don't have time for it, where then the first kind in this example thinks they have won another small bettle in the war of being right on the internet.

Please take this along with my moderation 101 posts, as some constructive criticism and learn how to be polite and how to talk to strangers. There is such thing as being kind to others and even letting some things go if you think they will offend or hurt them. You being right, with your opinion over someone else opinion is totally waste of time.

And you are right, in case you could not figure out already, I am offended and I should not be. Of course I have much thicker skin then this so I'm not loosing sleep over it, but still moderators should strive not to offend anyone; not even the people that offend them. Their function besides helping is to make the environment pleasant for everyone. This post was def not pleasant for me.

In any case, study crankerchick approach or kch50428 approach and try to see the differences. There is a way of getting your point across without being combative or right, which makes the other person feel like an *****. Being kind will get users to post more and to make the forum grow and become better. If I as an user need to worry about, if I'm gonna get attacked because of my opinion on tech, chances are I will not want to participate as I'm not here for arguments. There are forums for that kind of things out there. This is not that category.

In any case, I hope I did not offend you two, cause that was my goal. I also apologize for any spelling and grammar mistakes. English is not my first language and I don't care to write a publishable paper but to get some answers.

I would ask you two politely, that unless there is a good reason to interject in any of my future posts, if you can find it in your heart, please feel free to skip them and not get involved with your opinions.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I am seriously flabbergasted right now. For one, I am not a moderator. As second, I really wish you well. Good luck to you.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner