Being that you clearly don't have a clue to how I am, your reply was quickly dismissed at drivel. Now, if you don't mind, I am going to go back to doing what I do best - trying to help people. Take care...
    I'm going to assume that was meant for the newbie, lol!
    08-03-2015 04:12 PM
    I'm going to assume that was meant for the newbie, lol!
    (Laughing)....Yep..my bad...
    08-03-2015 04:13 PM
    I'll give you this one though, I have learned a lot from this thread in the last two days than I have in 4 weeks. In order to reply to you, I had to find out a few things, with ease, that is, so thanks.
    kataran likes this.
    08-03-2015 04:18 PM
    You right, I don't know. I'm new here. Maybe you are a great guy/gall, but that wasn't my point. I'm sure you are a mod for reason. I was just giving you my two cents on what grammar nazi's do for me. Which is not much. Feel free to disregard my comments just as I did yours. Cheers!

PS. I find it weird that I asked simple question on Apple Music as there is no way that I'm the only one that feels this way about the new service. This forum/post did everything but given me some constructive feedback. It feels like that all the users got offended that I god forbid said something bad about Apple. I understand this is a Apple forum but I think that Apple can do no wrong approach is completely useless.

So far I got, peoples opinions on my choice of wording, my grammar and I was called newbie that has not tested the service properly and I don't know what I'm talking about. Thought this bantering may be interesting to young bucks I'm not here for that. I will restrict myself from asking questions because force is strong with Apple can't do no wrong fanboys here.

I apologize for offending people with my simple question.
    08-03-2015 04:29 PM
    No, you just offended me by saying I didn't give any constructive feedback.

If I may be blunt, you are very narrow minded and you are disregarding every carefully written reply to your questions/rants.

I want to throw lamps at you because you need to lighten up.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-03-2015 04:33 PM
    You right, I don't know. I'm new here. Maybe you are a great guy/gall, but that wasn't my point. I'm sure you are a mod for reason. I was just giving you my two cents on what grammar nazi's do for me. Which is not much. Feel free to disregard my comments just as I did yours. Cheers!
    Understood.

PS. I find it weird that I asked simple question on Apple Music as there is no way that I'm the only one that feels this way about the new service. This forum/post did everything but given me some constructive feedback. It feels like that all the users got offended that I god forbid said something bad about Apple. I understand this is a Apple forum but I think that Apple can do no wrong approach is completely useless.
    I disagree. You asked if you were the only one who thought the Music app was a 'disgrace'? Some of us focused on the word, 'disgrace' and found that although Music isn't without flaws, we didn't find it a 'disgrace'. That is NOT defending Apple or acting as if Apple can do no wrong. That's giving our honest opinions.

So far I got, peoples opinions on my choice of wording, my grammar and I was called newbie that has not tested the service properly and I don't know what I'm talking about. Thought this bantering may be interesting to young bucks I'm not here for that. I will restrict myself from asking questions because force is strong with Apple can't do no wrong fanboys here.

I apologize for offending people with my simple question.
    No one appears offended, but you. Some of us do not think the music service is a 'disgrace'. Has it caused a good deal of problems for numerous people? Heck yeah! Is it better than all of the other streaming services? I don't think so, but then again, that depends on the person and their streaming needs. Is it soooo bad that it should never have been offered (possibly disgraceful)? Not in my opinion. That's not a pro-Apple answer. That's my honest answer.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 08-03-2015 at 05:32 PM.
    Tartarus and crankerchick like this.
    08-03-2015 04:59 PM
    I will restrict myself from asking questions because force is strong with Apple can't do no wrong fanboys here.
    That didn't take long. I love being right.

If you thought coming on here and using a sensationalized title with dramatically critical opinions about one of the features of the iPhone would be "interesting", you thought wrong.

You didn't offend anyone with a simple question, you just made your intentions clear with your opinions.
    Tartarus likes this.
    08-03-2015 05:21 PM
    APPLE SUCKS!

Nah...apple doesn't really suck, I just wanted to get your attention so we could discuss it further.

ITUNES SUCKS!

Nah...just playing, it doesn't suck, I was just being overly dramatic so you'd pay attention to me.

...do you see a pattern here? lol.

You say you're not here to argue, but you're representing your opinion as factual...you said "You should try Spotify so you can see that Apple's service is bad in comparison"...you do realize that THAT is an opinion and not a factual statement?

It's ok to prefer other services to Apple's offering as long as you understand that your view of the service isn't something everyone has to agree with or share. Personally, I don't use any of the services (Spotify, Pandora, Apple Music) because I prefer to just play my own music out of my library I have on the phone without using data to stream stuff...and if there's something I want to listen to that I don't have, I just go buy it.

That said, I'm not on here trying to push that preference on anyone...its not the "right" choice, its just my choice. Just because you think this service is sub par doesn't mean a person who thinks its great is wrong, it just means they differ in opinion...the fact that you've replied a few times "arguing" this seems to indicate that your intentions were, in fact, to argue.
    Hahaha... 12 posts and already pointing out "flaws". Maybe you would wait and see how people are before you attack the way they do things. This can be seen as "duchy" and alienate people that can help you with whatever problems you may have.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    08-03-2015 05:43 PM
    There are plenty posts addressing his troubles with Music. I took extensive time and effort to answer him and all I got back were snarky replies from him. It's safe for me to assume he was just ranting to be ranting, without touching any base.
    08-03-2015 05:47 PM
    I like how people compare a mature, established service to the first offering from a competitor without that conscious thought in mind. Spotify sucked when it came out but has evolved into the exceptional service it is now over time. Just like people services grow with age, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worst. Time will tell.
    crankerchick and Tartarus like this.
    08-03-2015 07:58 PM
    I posted an entire thread on what irritates me about Apple Music. The service has a lot of bugs and a lot of "features" that many would call bugs (ie intentional choices that just don't make any sense to most of us). I've used almost all of the other services and agree that Apple Music is not polished for all users and flat out doesn't work for some users. It's unfortunate. Disgrace is a strong word. Your OP didn't go over well because you did exactly what you said--you posted bait. If you wanted to just have a constructive chat on the failings and shortcomings of the app, you should have probably phrased it like that. I love to have conversations like that and had a similar thread going in the Apple Music section of this forum. Come join us over there and discuss what sucks and what doesn't in a less inflammatory way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-03-2015 08:55 PM
    I'll point out the the way some of the screens look in the previous posted screen shots are not the same on all devices. On the iPhone 6 Plus, the 3 dot more menu is not very obvious that you can tap the box at the top of the menu to go to the now playing song.

08-03-2015 08:57 PM
    Am I the only one who thinks that  music app is a disgrace?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1438649910.997565.jpg

08-03-2015 08:58 PM
    There's also a bug where the first time you tap the artist name after you tap the name of the song in the more 3-dot menu and you get to the artist page, it doesn't show the "all" and "my music" panes. If you go back and then tap the artist name again, that's when you get those two choices.

08-03-2015 09:08 PM
    I can reproduce thAt on iPad and iPhone 6 plus.

My point is just for everyone to note that none of us know all of the bugs and "features" just like some of us don't know how to do all of the things the app offers. The interface is slightly different across devices and it isn't polished so let's try to keep that mind when we debate each other (and when we rant).

08-03-2015 09:09 PM
    Wow... Anyhoooo ... Am I the only one who copied his apple logo in this thread ..
    Tartarus likes this.
    08-05-2015 07:57 PM
    English 101 refresher....

1. Your - this is used to show something that belongs. Example: It is 'your' responsibility to get 'your' work done on time.

2. You're - This is the same as saying "you are". Example: 'You're' the one I want to take to the prom. 'Your' is not the same as 'you're'.

3. Their - Like 'your', 'their' indicates that that belongs. Example: 'Their' house is not painted the same color as ours.

4. They're - 'They're' is the same as saying 'they are'. Example: If we don't hurry, 'they're' going to get there before we do.

5. There - 'There' indicates a place or a means to get something. Example: Is 'there' a way to fix my iPhone? Example 2: How am I suppose to get 'there' without instructions?
    By the way, was this post meant for me? A friend pointed out it was actually meant for me 😐
    08-06-2015 11:06 AM
    By the way, was this post meant for me? A friend pointed out it was actually meant for me
    I was actually piggybacking on the following comment, and not directing my reply at a specific post.

It's "than" Y'all, not "Then".
    Tartarus likes this.
    08-06-2015 07:13 PM
    I was actually piggybacking on the following comment, and not directing my reply at a specific post.
    2 people above my comment used "then"" when it should have been "than". I was only playing though.
    08-06-2015 08:37 PM
    2 people above my comment used "then"" when it should have been "than". I was only playing though.
    No problem...
    08-06-2015 08:38 PM
    I only have 1 thing to say as of now. I remember Apple maps being trashy, it wasn't a disgrace, but it was bad. Now it's just as good as google maps. If you give something time it will evolve. Apple Music came out less than a month ago.
    crankerchick and Just_Me_D like this.
    08-07-2015 01:21 AM
    I believe Apple Music will improve too to be on par with the others. Apple Maps data has come a long way. There are features in Maps that Google Maps doesn't have and there are features in Google Maps that Maps doesn't have. It's great that we have choices.

08-07-2015 06:28 AM
    Wouldn't call it a disgrace, a few bugs need fixed. Other than that, i really enjoy using it

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 
    08-07-2015 07:05 AM
    Crankerchick offered helpful information and constructive criticism and her main goal was not to be right or prove me wrong based on opinions. This post was about opinions and preferences and nothing else. Thank you crankerchick. As I have switched back to Spotify Apple Music is a non issue for me at this point. I may or may not try it in the future when issues that bother me are resolved.

Unrelated, SeanHRCC and Tartarus as mods with over 10,000 posts on this forum I'm scratching my head how are you still part of iMore forum moderation. You have clearly helped thosands of people and I hope all 10k in comments were not childish ramblings of who's right and who's wrong and who wrote what and if you had liked it or not personally or their choice of words or grammar.

The fact that your goal is to be right says everything to me. Now I really hope, that I'm dead wrong and that you two are actually two helpful gents and that this is one off, but i'm not sure at this point.

I will forgive you if you are both in your teens or early 20's and you have something to prove. There is no reason for a grown mature person to be right over a total strangers online. I see your input as a reason why the internet is such a hostile environment for many.

You have people that want to be right, and then you have those that don't want to argue with complete strangers or don't have time for it, where then the first kind in this example thinks they have won another small bettle in the war of being right on the internet.

Please take this along with my moderation 101 posts, as some constructive criticism and learn how to be polite and how to talk to strangers. There is such thing as being kind to others and even letting some things go if you think they will offend or hurt them. You being right, with your opinion over someone else opinion is totally waste of time.

And you are right, in case you could not figure out already, I am offended and I should not be. Of course I have much thicker skin then this so I'm not loosing sleep over it, but still moderators should strive not to offend anyone; not even the people that offend them. Their function besides helping is to make the environment pleasant for everyone. This post was def not pleasant for me.

In any case, study crankerchick approach or kch50428 approach and try to see the differences. There is a way of getting your point across without being combative or right, which makes the other person feel like an *****. Being kind will get users to post more and to make the forum grow and become better. If I as an user need to worry about, if I'm gonna get attacked because of my opinion on tech, chances are I will not want to participate as I'm not here for arguments. There are forums for that kind of things out there. This is not that category.

In any case, I hope I did not offend you two, cause that was my goal. I also apologize for any spelling and grammar mistakes. English is not my first language and I don't care to write a publishable paper but to get some answers.

I would ask you two politely, that unless there is a good reason to interject in any of my future posts, if you can find it in your heart, please feel free to skip them and not get involved with your opinions.
    08-07-2015 01:53 PM
    I am seriously flabbergasted right now. For one, I am not a moderator. As second, I really wish you well. Good luck to you.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-07-2015 05:12 PM
55 123